• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tony Blair joins investment bank for $1M

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bear View Post
    Presumably he'll be setting up his own limited company. Probably outside IR35.

Low salary, huge dividends

Sound familiar?
    I doubt it, Gordon Brown has no love of the man, and I'm sure an IR35 investigation would make Gordo chuckle.

Nothing quite like revenge, especially for a long wait for a high profile job with plenty of ticking time-bombs left behind...

Comment

He’ll probably claim that as he is travelling all the time and not in the country, he is not resident in the UK and not liable for UK tax.

Anyway, that's what I would do.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Catholic Blair in bed with the usurers - what would Jesus say?

Comment

Originally posted by BA to the Stars View Post
          The bank said he had a "unique perspective".

Well thats one of describing him

Think they meant, slopey shoulders.

Perfect man for the industry.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
            Plus as it is only a couple of days per month
            Fits his attendance record in the house of commons perfectly. I think his was one of the worst.
            McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
            Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7182569.stm

Northern Rock has agreed to sell £2.2bn, or 2%, of its mortgage assets to US investment bank JP Morgan.

JPM are going right downhill...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7182569.stm

Northern Rock has agreed to sell £2.2bn, or 2%, of its mortgage assets to US investment bank JP Morgan.

JPM are going right downhill...
                Beat me to it.

Coincidence? Surely not...
                If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
                X