• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Tony Blair joins investment bank for $1M"

Collapse

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7182569.stm

Northern Rock has agreed to sell £2.2bn, or 2%, of its mortgage assets to US investment bank JP Morgan.

JPM are going right downhill...
    Beat me to it.

Coincidence? Surely not...

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7182569.stm

Northern Rock has agreed to sell £2.2bn, or 2%, of its mortgage assets to US investment bank JP Morgan.

JPM are going right downhill...

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    Plus as it is only a couple of days per month
    Fits his attendance record in the house of commons perfectly. I think his was one of the worst.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by BA to the Stars View Post
    The bank said he had a "unique perspective".

Well thats one of describing him

Think they meant, slopey shoulders.

Perfect man for the industry.

Leave a comment:

• NoddY
    replied
    Catholic Blair in bed with the usurers - what would Jesus say?

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    He’ll probably claim that as he is travelling all the time and not in the country, he is not resident in the UK and not liable for UK tax.

Anyway, that's what I would do.

Leave a comment:

• Chrisos
    replied
    Originally posted by Bear View Post
    Presumably he'll be setting up his own limited company. Probably outside IR35.

Low salary, huge dividends

Sound familiar?
    I doubt it, Gordon Brown has no love of the man, and I'm sure an IR35 investigation would make Gordo chuckle.

Nothing quite like revenge, especially for a long wait for a high profile job with plenty of ticking time-bombs left behind...

Leave a comment:

• Chrisos
    replied
    Originally posted by Bear View Post

Sound familiar?
    I doubt it, Gordon Brown has no love of the man, and I'm sure an IR35 investigation would make Gordo chuckle. Nothing quite like revenge for a long wait for a terrible job

Leave a comment:

• Bear
    replied

Sound familiar?

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Well done Pickle for truely lowering the tone

Leave a comment:

• Pickle2
    replied
    Originally posted by Chugnut View Post

Plus when he knackers the bank, she will always find work with Royal Mail, what with that letterbox mouth.
    Oh I dunno, Id post my parcels in it.

Leave a comment:

• Chugnut
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    ...Mind you if I were married to his stumper of a wife I'd probably travel the world for free. Anything to get me out of the house would do.

Plus when he knackers the bank, she will always find work with Royal Mail, what with that letterbox mouth.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Yeah ...but if he's mobile then he is far less protected than if sitting at fortress home

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Does he still get his ex PM's pension while doing this. Plus as it is only a couple of days per month, no doubt the grinning fecker can still travel the world giving multi million pound speeches. Mind you if I were married to his stumper of a wife I'd probably travel the world for free. Anything to get me out of the house would do.

Leave a comment:

• BA to the Stars
    replied
    The bank said he had a "unique perspective".

Well thats one of describing him

Leave a comment:

Working...
X