• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wedding costs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Poll to follow (wait for it....)

So, how much inc the honeymoon should I be forking out for her 'happiest day' ?

Some of the bridal magazines she's got are just ridiculous, I mean +£35K FFS

Brillo, yes yes, your opinion is duly noted and will be taken into consideration.
    Jesus - everything about this post/thread angers me.

Pondlife - I normally really like you, and I'm not going to stop now. But that
    "her 'happiest day' ?" tulip is disgusting. If you really want to marry her, then show her some ******* respect. What a horrible thing to say.

And your attitude towards the money side of things is just as digusting. If you're that pissed off about having to pay for it all yourself, find a lass who can pay half.

It's not so much what you're asking that's getting to me - it's the way you're askign it. You really sound like a prize *****, and not much of a catch for this lass at all - even with all your loads of contractor cash (which to any half decent lass means **** all anway).
    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
      But that "her 'happiest day' ?" tulip is disgusting.
      I have to say I had similar sentiments to Pondlife on this. From my perspective the day itself is definitely geared towards the bride and I did what was necessary to make it as perfect as possible for her. Lets face it the bride is the centre of attention on the wedding day.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
        I have to say I had similar sentiments to Pondlife on this. From my perspective the day itself is definitely geared towards the bride and I did what was necessary to make it as perfect as possible for her. Lets face it the bride is the centre of attention on the wedding day.
        The only purpose of the groom on a wedding day is to make the photos look balanced.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Jesus - everything about this post/thread angers me.

Pondlife - I normally really like you, and I'm not going to stop now. But that
          "her 'happiest day' ?" tulip is disgusting. If you really want to marry her, then show her some ******* respect. What a horrible thing to say.

And your attitude towards the money side of things is just as digusting. If you're that pissed off about having to pay for it all yourself, find a lass who can pay half.

It's not so much what you're asking that's getting to me - it's the way you're askign it. You really sound like a prize *****, and not much of a catch for this lass at all - even with all your loads of contractor cash (which to any half decent lass means **** all anway).
          Sorry SA, it wasn't meant to be that offensive/patronising to women and it's not a reflection on the future's Mrs PL's opinion, maybe I should find a tongue in cheek smilie. The question stems from the bridal mags she's (we're) going through and some of the 'typical examples' featured. The wedding itself is abroad (which I think I mentioned elsewhere) and so is pretty much a fixed cost, it's the reception costs that I'm trying to manage.

As you can see from the varied responses, people have differing opinions on what is reasonable, acceptable or necessary and it was this that I was trying to poll.

It's not about what I will be spending since we are a couple and this will affect us both (lifestyle for the coming months or years).

If I didn't have respect for the woman it would be a pretty redundant poll, no?

Comment

I think its a myth that red heads have fiery tempers.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
              Sorry SA, it wasn't meant to be that offensive/patronising to women and it's not a reflection on the future's Mrs PL's opinion, maybe I should find a tongue in cheek smilie. The question stems from the bridal mags she's (we're) going through and some of the 'typical examples' featured. The wedding itself is abroad (which I think I mentioned elsewhere) and so is pretty much a fixed cost, it's the reception costs that I'm trying to manage.

As you can see from the varied responses, people have differing opinions on what is reasonable, acceptable or necessary and it was this that I was trying to poll.

It's not about what I will be spending since we are a couple and this will affect us both (lifestyle for the coming months or years).

If I didn't have respect for the woman it would be a pretty redundant poll, no?
              Good. Just checking!! And Well done

Fiery temper my arse
              The pope is a tard.

Comment

Fiery ... my arse
                Ah vindaloo last night, then ....
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  Ah vindaloo last night, then ....

Speaking of funny bottom things....I went for a Thai on Saturday - those pumps are a bit special aren't they?
                  The pope is a tard.

Comment

Fiery temper my arse
                    Speaking of funny bottom things....I went for a Thai on Saturday...
                    This cannot be a coincidence, were the fire brigade called to the scene?

Comment

Working...
                    X