• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agent Scum

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Candidate is king.

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
      Omigod! GCR99 is only in contracting for the money! I thought we all did it as a hobby, to pay for agents' holidays or out of love for the clients.

Well done, DA, for spotting this highly dodgy and clearly unique individual.
      He just needs a good pimp
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I actually had an agent ring me up this morning who I genuinely liked. It suprised the **** out of me!!

He was from Red Square - sounded like your typical cockney wide boy gel-styled agent - but you know what, I believed what he said. Which is a minor ******* miracle these days.
        The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
          I actually had an agent ring me up this morning who I genuinely liked. It suprised the **** out of me!!

He was from Red Square - sounded like your typical noddyney wide boy gel-styled agent - but you know what, I believed what he said. Which is a minor ******* miracle these days.
          Did he start the conversation by saying

"alright sexy, what can I do for an intelligent and attractive woman who knows what she wants?"

Amazing how one line can make you seem caring and legitimate hey....

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
            Did he start the conversation by saying

"alright sexy, what can I do for an intelligent and attractive woman who knows what she wants?"

Amazing how one line can make you seem caring and legitimate hey....
            Yep - I lapped up every word

cheeky blighter
            The pope is a tard.

Comment

I've just really liked another agent this morning

What's wrong with me? Am I on the turn?!!
              The pope is a tard.

Comment

It probably happens when you reach a certain age - younger men flattering you etc. etc.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  It probably happens when you reach a certain age - younger men flattering you etc. etc.
                  I'm not old

And they weren't giving me patter either - they were just being normal!!!! Which is so rare!!

DodgyAgent - do you know of an underground "nice agent" movement going on at the moment?
                  The pope is a tard.

Comment

I'm not old

And they weren't giving me patter either - they were just being normal!!!! Which is so rare!!

DodgyAgent - do you know of an underground "nice agent" movement going on at the moment?

The dark arts of agency activities rarely yield "nice agents". There are many good ones who are good networkers and do not stoop to the really bad practices of "blocking" (saying they are sending a CV when they are not), cancelling contractors interviews by pretending to be the organising agent, finding out where a contractor is being interviewed and sending competitor CVs in.

The really good ones rely on information and use everything they can to build their networks, the difficulty is differentiating these from the crooks and the "nice but no jobs ones"

Good luck
                    Last edited by DodgyAgent; 9 January 2008, 11:24.
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I've just really liked another agent this morning

Time to consider HRT, perhaps?

IGMC...
                      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Working...
                      X