• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blu Ray wins!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chugnut View Post
    (ZG will be along with a Roy Batty quote in minute.)
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    "Wake up! It's time to die!" - Leon.

Gah! Wrong again.

Comment

The LG multi blu reads and writes blu ray and reads HD.
      HTPC is home theatre pc as previously stated.
      HD is not necessarily dead yet as (I believe) it is quicker and may be the pc gamers platform of choice.
      May revise the choice of drive if HD is dead.
      Other features are graphics card with HDMI tv connection. 7.1 surround sound card and dual tv and satelite TV card allowing unit to be a PVR. Watch one record another digi recorder.
      Planning v fast hard drive wit 1T of secondary storage.

Looking at approx 1500 quid dependant on spec. Mine will cost that in components.
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

"The light that shines twice as bright shines for half as long and you have shone so very very brightly Roy"

Smith and Wesson.

Comment

I think I might have got that wrong. Should I have used burn instead of shine?

Smith and Wesson.

Comment

New CGI sequences in BladeRunner? Chuffin' sacrilege! (ZG will be along with a Roy Batty quote in minute.)

Fortunately to the non-fanatical fan, they are very well done. Though obvious due to their superior clarity.

Isn't just releasing older films in HD shameless profiteering cos the source is the problem? I thought that the reason "Planet Earth" looked so good in HD was they were actually using new spangly HD cameras to showcase the medium.
            You may have a point, up to a point. New HD digital cameras may be good, but older film based cameras had just as good resolution due to them being analogue, and it's the grain of the filmstock used that usually limits the overall quality.

Maybe it's true, only on very large screens 50-60+ inches will we notice the biggest difference.
            Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
            Feist - I Feel It All
            Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

The source need not be a problem for films, as film effectively has a higher resolution than HD.

Of course it depends on the mastering process. I have two different releases of "Blue Velvet" on DVD, and they both look like they were copied from VHS tape. They are so bad that I can't even bring myself to sell them on Ebay - will probably just throw them away.

Comment

It's officially over

Comment

Hopefully Microsoft will do something quickly to put a dual player into an XBOX 360.

At least this one was over quickly, rather than the 10 years it took for Betamax to finally die off.

BUT - are Blu Ray still refusing to do p0rn??? Good job that bitTorrent does is fine
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                    BUT - are Blu Ray still refusing to do p0rn??? Good job that bitTorrent does is fine
                    read the rest of the thread
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                      Hopefully Microsoft will do something quickly to put a dual player into an XBOX 360.
                      Get a PS3

HTH.

Comment

Working...
                      X