• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My biggest fear for UK.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    My place was derelict but rebuilt from scratch before I bought the place so nothing to do or I wouldn't have done it.
    I wouldn't have bought this one but wifey really fell in love with the place and the village atmosphere.

At least the house will be worth £80,000+ more when I've finished.

(damned place will put me in my grave first I think)
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by 2uk View Post
      And I am not even English. Is that global warming develops to the extent where this year’s floodings are frequent and more and more devastating. If you have invested all your money in UK property and something really bad happens in 30 years you will have worked all your life for nothing.

I hope thinking more about this will anger your view on the world’s dominant power ( US ) and their games of “I rule the world” and “I don’t care about global warming”.
      Interesting that the immigrant view is always to bash the US, are you by chance of the 'peace loving' religious persuasion too?

Since we (i.e. the true Brits) started the industrial revolution and have been burning fossil fuels the longest you could argue that we should shoulder most of the blame, or you could point the finger at the newly industrialising nations of India and China, India is exempted from the Kyoto principles and In 2004 the total greenhouse gas emissions from the People's Republic of China were about 54% of the USA emissions.However, China is now building on average one coal-fired power plant every week, and plans to continue doing so for years. China should overtake the US in total greenhouse emissions between 2008 and 2010 although it may have already happened.

Or we could point the finger at countries that fail to control their populations and the West for providing the drugs that stop nature keeping the numbers down.
      You could also argue that you as a migrant are also to blame- by moving from a third world low carbon emission footprint environment to all the trappings of the 1st world is only adding to the problem.

Much easier just to knock the US though

HTH
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

And I am not even English. Is that global warming develops to the extent where this year’s floodings are frequent and more and more devastating.
        My biggest fear is that the UK will continue its current family and economic policies. This will bankrupt us morally and financially.

With 2 parties with almost identical policies this is virtually guaranteed.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          My biggest fear is that the UK will continue its current family and economic policies. This will bankrupt us morally and financially.

With 2 parties with almost identical policies this is virtually guaranteed.

Ditto.

PS Man made global warming does not exist. HTH

Comment

Diver,

'floor timbers were all rotten and I've had to replace the lot.
            Roof had asbestos tiles, having to reroof it.
            Rewire it.
            re-plumb it
            Fit central heating
            hack off walls damp proof and re-plaster
            replace all the skirting boards
            Replace kitchen
            replace bathroom.
            cost me nearly twenty grand so far and I haven't even decorated yet, let alone moved in ',

you did _all that_ for twenty grand ?

Is it a dolls house ?

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
              Diver,

'floor timbers were all rotten and I've had to replace the lot.
              Roof had asbestos tiles, having to reroof it.
              Rewire it.
              re-plumb it
              Fit central heating
              hack off walls damp proof and re-plaster
              replace all the skirting boards
              Replace kitchen
              replace bathroom.
              cost me nearly twenty grand so far and I haven't even decorated yet, let alone moved in ',

you did _all that_ for twenty grand ?

Is it a dolls house ?

Milan.
              I think she meant that the house cost her 20 grand ... so yes it must be a doll's house.

Comment

Tazzy,

you think Diver's a _she_ ?

Milan.

Comment

I hope thinking more about this will anger your view on the world’s dominant power ( US ) and their games of “I rule the world” and “I don’t care about global warming”.
                  Oh bog off you commie! I suppose Russia or China would be better? Read some history if you can ...
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

And I am not even English. Is that global warming develops to the extent where this year’s floodings are frequent and more and more devastating. If you have invested all your money in UK property and something really bad happens in 30 years you will have worked all your life for nothing.

Flooding in the UK has nothing to do with global warming (which is a myth anyway).

Flooding in the UK is due to the fact that Nu Liemore refused to provide the environment agency with the budget they requested to build flood defences. The environment agency promptly said, well if we don't get the money we can't do it, Nu Liemore readily agreed and look where we are now.

Couple this with the fact that moron councillers are approving plans to build more and more properties in flood plane's and you have a whole load of incompetance and stupidity to blame for our flooding woes. "Climate Change" is just a conveniant excuse for something that was completely avoidable.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
                      Couple this with the fact that moron councillers are approving plans to build more and more properties in flood plane's and you have a whole load of incompetance and stupidity to blame for our flooding woes. "Climate Change" is just a conveniant excuse for something that was completely avoidable.
                      Councillors may be approving plans for building on flood plain - but only because there are no planning grounds for rejection. The basic policy is set by central government and it is that which is flawed.

Comment

Working...
                      X