• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agent or Client?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    That is why you'll never get on in this world.
    You're right - I've made nothing of myself...waste of space...
    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
      I have a friend...
      Clearly your "friend" should have worn a shorter skirt
      Do what thou wilt

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
        Clearly your "friend" should have worn a shorter skirt
        You wouldn't be saying that if you saw her thighs!!
        The pope is a tard.

Comment

You're right - I've made nothing of myself...waste of space...
          That is not what I meant - and you know it!

Be a leader, not a follower.

Comment

That is not what I meant - and you know it!

Be a leader, not a follower.
            Who am I following?!!

It's interesting that 7 of yous think AndyW is to blame for this....wait til I get my hands on the little bugger...
            The pope is a tard.

Comment

Your friend should tell the agent they're only available until X date. It focuses their mind and attention. If they don't get back to you the gig has either fallen through or they've got someone else.

No agent in the world is going to let a guranteed income stream walk for the sake of a few quid. They want you in there earning so they can move onto the next victim.

Comment

Originally posted by Epiphone View Post
                No agent in the world is going to let a guranteed income stream walk for the sake of a few quid. They want you in there earning so they can move onto the next victim.
                I agree. Whilst the agent might try it on and attempt to bully your friend into lowering your rate, your friend has stood her ground and called his bluff. If it were a bluff, I think he would have crumbled by now and just accepted the original smaller margin than he has his porky pies on.
                It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

You're advocating this?!!

I would never dream of doing that, honestly!

Would you not go down a contractors throat (and not in a good way) for doing something like that?
                  I have recently had this done to me (documented in another thread).

I eventually called the client and 'discussed the problem' - i.e. dobbed the agency right in it for lying.
                  Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

That is why you'll never get on in this world.
                    Probably never get banned, be let back in for about twenty seconds and get banned again, either

Comment

Phone the client and say that the agency has told you they want you for a cheaper rate. Suggest that this can be done by putting you on their preferred supplier list and cutting out the agent altogether.

Win - win all round.
                      Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Working...
                      X