• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My cats just caught a squirrel!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
    Its always nice to test the reflexes of them when they are half and inch from your towbar wielding bumper.
    I never test their reflexes, working on the premise that if they are dumb enough to drive that close they will also not be able to brake in time. I just slow down so that I can brake for both of us should the need arise. It does of course also annoy them no end

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      I never test their reflexes, working on the premise that if they are dumb enough to drive that close they will also not be able to brake in time. I just slow down so that I can brake for both of us should the need arise. It does of course also annoy them no end
      Drive an automatic so you can lightly brake whilst accelerating at the same time - your brake lights flash, they slam all on, and you drive away feeling smug

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        I just got a frantic call from my girlfriend - the cats just caught the squirrel which has been tormenting them for last 2 years. My girlfriend was watching - seems the squirrel slipped.

She asked me what to do about it and if I could come home! But I need the money so can't leave.

Seems the squirrel still alive - should she try to get the cats away from it? Then kill it with a spade? Thing is the cats love to torture mice and frogs - and with two of them the squirrel has no chance.

Any suggestions please?

I will update you with any news...
        Video the whole killing and send it to an animal rights group to ask for their advice.

Comment

Squirrels can be damn nasty if cornered so I am surprised the cat did not get a nasty bite...
          "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            I get where this is going. Good troll - btw, if you said that to my face I'd shove your teeth down your throat.

Churchill - In "Season of goodwill my arse!" mode!
            So one would wash his hands and the other would make "justice" with violence. How many role models here... I give you all a vasectomy as a christmas gift.
            I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by daviejones View Post
              Squirrels can be damn nasty if cornered so I am surprised the cat did not get a nasty bite...
              Maybe it was really Alvin, Simon or Theodore.

Yes I know they are chipmunks.

Comment

I must admit its a habit I picked up while being in a lorry. Something about 50ft of trailer and a solid steel underun bar welded to the 7t trailer main bar that makes me all cocky.

Comment

When driving down country lanes (or even main roads at times) I get these idiots who drive right up to me so that there is insufficient space between us. It mostly happens at night so I'm blinded by their headlights - I usually drive with my RV mirror on dim mode at night so this doesn't bother me much.
                  I slow rig-h-h-t down so that I'm going about 30 mph and let them get more and more frustrated until they overtake.
                  It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Well the cats finally killed it then took it away. I know we will all be pleased to that a squirrel did not suffer.

I am still struggling to see the connection between this incident and fatherhood. Alas I can only think I upset SockPuppet - which is a shame as I like him.

SockPuppet - is everything okay? Its nearly Crimbo - lets put this aside until the new year?

Comment

Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
                      When driving down country lanes (or even main roads at times) I get these idiots who drive right up to me so that there is insufficient space between us. It mostly happens at night so I'm blinded by their headlights - I usually drive with my RV mirror on dim mode at night so this doesn't bother me much.
                      I slow rig-h-h-t down so that I'm going about 30 mph and let them get more and more frustrated until they overtake.

Alas it is all too common. As I have a bad back I hope I never get hit. Mind you if I do get hit and my back suffers I intend the driver to pay for the operation to cure my back - and the 8 weeks off work it takes to recover.

Comment

Working...
                      X