• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Confession

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    I like your avatar, but this information is under embargo until at least Q1 next year - don't want the world to suspect what SKA really is before it is too late to change anything
    Does it have anything at all to do with the mating habits of squirrels
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
      Does it have anything at all to do with the mating habits of squirrels
      It's so cold out there right now, that trying to mate will probably lead to disaster for a male squirrel

Comment

It's so cold out there right now, that trying to mate will probably lead to disaster for a male squirrel
        Not if he puts it somewhere warm
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

No, I did not take anybodies code - I wrote mine from scratch: 250k+ lines on the last count, that's 31 lines per each post on CUK
          Ironically, on my last project, I posted 31 times on CUK for every line of code I wrote.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Better ranking == more traffic. So those sites that make money from traffic have a lot at stake if their ranking position works. SEO market is pretty big and there are hundreds of millions at stake.
            True.

Good luck with it Alexi. I hope it works out.

Comment

I have no doubt you are technically up to writing the code, but as to running a business, marketing, advertising, planning, finances, recruitment, you haven't a clue.

Just having some working code is a long way from running a profitable, sustainable business.

Time to eat some reality sandwiches me thinks.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                I have no doubt you are technically up to writing the code, but as to running a business, marketing, advertising, planning, finances, recruitment, you haven't a clue.

Just having some working code is a long way from running a profitable, sustainable business.

Time to eat some reality sandwiches me thinks.

I’m surprised to hear you say that. I was speculating as to whether you were one of Alex’s volunteers? From my quick perusal last night on his boards, I see you’ve posted there, and on his blog. Getting people to work for free and supply servers seems like a hell of a unique business model. He has also already got interested party's, a potential market identified and written articles for the press. That seems very advanced to me

Comment

I am morale officer on AtW's forums.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    I am morale officer on AtW's forums.

Just to elucidate, lest the irony of the emoticon be lost or miscontrued. DP really is moral officer on Atw's forums

Comment

Working...
                    X