• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Confession

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Indeed. Still I've always had a weak spot for people who follow their passion, and I think constructive encouragement is due ...
    I have to agree and in fact I'm actually intrigued now.
    Me, me, me...

Comment

His background is in Business and Finance (to Masters level in academia anyway). It's unbelievable. I come on to here for a bit of quick entertainment and end reading about a guy that’s indexing the Internet, employs all sorts of novel uses for technology in business and distributed computing and is potentially competing with the likes of Google.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        I wasn't joking about the self-aware bit...
        That's something noone needs to know until day X

Anyway, thanks lads for warm words - next year will be interesting, either I become wealthy and laugh at you or, well, I'd rather not think of the alternative!

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Ok. Humour me here, I'm old and have forgotten the techie stuff. But how do you make money from ranking in a search engine?
          Better ranking == more traffic. So those sites that make money from traffic have a lot at stake if their ranking position works. SEO market is pretty big and there are hundreds of millions at stake.

Comment

Anyway, on the topic - I am Denny. Don't take my posts under this account too seriously, it's a test of my feminine side, very b****y one

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Anyway, on the topic - I am Denny. Don't take my posts under this account too seriously, it's a test of my feminine side, very b****y one
              Ya what??
              Bazza gets caught
              Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                Ya what??
                You've gotta ask yourself; who the hell names a "female" persona, "Denny"???

What's wrong with "Susan"?
                The vegetarian option.

Comment

I've just spent 4 months on a project, will be announced at NAMM in Los Angeles in January, 1000+ advanced orders based on the prototype already, factory being built to produce it, employees interviewed and currently being trained, A - list musicians queuing up to endorse it.
                  For goodness sake, don't ever consider getting bought out by Gibson Guitar Corp. PM me for more details if interested in their "practices". I was the IT Manager for Trace Elliot Ltd.
                  Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
                    For goodness sake, don't ever consider getting bought out by Gibson Guitar Corp. PM me for more details if interested in their "practices". I was the IT Manager for Trace Elliot Ltd.
                    Interesting you say that. More likely to be one of the big Japanese companies, they're already sniffing around since their efforts have been stalled for years. I'd like to pursue this further if ya don't mind...
                    Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
                      You've gotta ask yourself; who the hell names a "female" persona, "Denny"???

What's wrong with "Susan"?
                      Susan is sasguru's alt

HTH

Comment

Working...
                      X