• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Confession

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    No. I have degrees in business, finance and (I know you would not believe it) - real estate.
    Why not believe it? I quite like your sparring sessions with SASguru. Oh I see, because you missed out on the massive housing boom. I think you’ve already provided plenty of excuses for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
      Any indexer / database can scale as much as you want
      This must be coming from indexer expert

Do you even know the concept of merging insofar as search engines are concerned? I thought so.

FYI I am in process of building (indexing right now) anchor/backlinks index that contains anchor text and backlinks from around 30 bln crawled pages, this is roughly what Google/Yahoo have got indexed. Try this with mnogosearch and you will soon seen that it is actually malosearch

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        Oh I see, because you missed out on the massive housing boom.
        I did not have permanent visa in early 2000 and thus could not risk making such a long term committment when (during .COM crash time) it was not certain I won't have to leave the country with very short notice. I don't have regrets in this respect because of two important things - first I could not take that risk at the time, and secondly if I did buy a house I would not have saved money to start long term work on SKA.

Comment

Do you even know the concept of merging insofar as search engines are concerned? I thought so.

FYI I am in process of building (indexing right now) anchor/backlinks index that contains anchor text and backlinks from around 30 bln crawled pages, this is roughly what Google/Yahoo have got indexed. Try this with mnogosearch and you will soon seen that it is actually malosearch
          So you're amending their code?
          Me, me, me...

Comment

No. You are in the process of deluding yourself. You actually had me fooled for a while too.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

So you're amending their code?
              Of course not. Their code would never scale to Google/Yahoo levels whereas mine does - in January I will have "view of the web" in terms of interlinked data and anchor text used to link (key metric that affects page ranking) that only Google, Yahoo and Microsoft have. Long road, but it is almost here. The algorithms necessary to actually deal with all this data in parallel fashion are not exactly public or available for free download

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                No. You are in the process of deluding yourself. You actually had me fooled for a while too.
                I am taking risks my silly friend - that's what real businesses are about. I think my chances are pretty good actually, I've certainly had worst in the past and won, the question is only the extent of this victory.

Comment

Of course not. Their code would never scale to Google/Yahoo levels whereas mine does - in January I will have "view of the web" in terms of interlinked data and anchor text used to link (key metric that affects page ranking) that only Google, Yahoo and Microsoft have. Long road, but it is almost here. The algorithms necessary to actually deal with all this data in parallel fashion are not exactly public or available for free download
                  So you've taken their code and rewritten it?
                  Me, me, me...

Comment

So you've taken their code and rewritten it?
                    No, I did not take anybodies code - I wrote mine from scratch: 250k+ lines on the last count, that's 31 lines per each post on CUK

Comment

I am taking risks my silly friend - that's what real businesses are about. I think my chances are pretty good actually, I've certainly had worst in the past and won, the question is only the extent of this victory.
                      Fair enough. I like enterprise. At what point will you judge it a failure?
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X