• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New tax ideas for Gordon

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    You are Churchill and I claim my £5.
    If I'm Churchill, who are you...?

Comment

Originally posted by RandyW View Post
      If I'm Churchill, who are you...?
      Churchill, of course.

Am I Spartacus or is that you?

Comment

Churchill, of course.

Am I Spartacus or is that you?
        I think you were him last, I have him next week.

Comment

I think you were him last, I have him next week.
          Glad we sorted that one out, I was getting confused.

Comment

Glad we sorted that one out, I was getting confused.
            Me too. So many identities, so little time...

Comment

The government doesn't want to tax children as we are not making enough as it is to pay for the oldies' pensions in a few years time.

How about reforms to the benefits system that would reduce its cost and alleviate the need to raise the tax income?

Perhaps ... anyone on unemployment benefits for more than X months:

a) has all their "luxury posessions" sold immediately to help pay for the benefits. (Well, they can buy a new TV when they get a job to pay for it.)

b) no longer paid with money but in RATIONED food, clothes, energy, etc.

c) if their abode is above their new status then it is seized, put at the disposal of the public purse and they are moved into small purpose built simple accomodation.

d) they are required to attend either one of the following each working day unless sick: (i) an approved training course OR (ii) a job interview OR (iii) unpaid community work.

Comment

Me too. So many identities, so little time...
                You're TPDing

ho hum!
                "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Working...
                X