• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who's really clever?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some truly excellent and insightful answers – I thank you all. I am now cleverer than I was before – this is great
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      Can you wax eloquent on philosophy, biochemistry, string theory, Dickens, Victor Hugo, economic theory?
      Can you do some waxing eloquently on philosophy here please? Philosophy is usually such a disappointment, but I’m keen to be convinced that it’s not just vacuous bullcarp.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
        My experience of the famed female ability to 'multitask' is that at a superficial level it is true - i.e. conducting banal telephone conversations while cooking my tea works fine

However most men can out perform this by being able to conduct doggy style s*x on the carpet while watching the footie on the TV and drinking beer at the same time

However if the tasks involve something more substantive such as running complex multi faceted projects, then they are really no better or worse than yer Joe Bloggs... just (very occasionally) prettier

HTH
        If women can multitask, why can't they have sex and a headache at the same time?

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Can you wax eloquent on philosophy, biochemistry, string theory, Dickens, Victor Hugo, economic theory?
          Depends on how much I've had to drink.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Ask beaker.
            Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
              Ask beaker.
              Don't ask Beaker. He's just another muppet.

Comment

That women and multi tasking thing is rubbish. Notice how it is put around by women. I can multi task but I choose to unitask so that I can do one thing correctly instead of a half @rsed job on two fronts.

My wife seems to think she has a more logical thought process than me. My argument is that I work in IT and have a degree in maths. Most of what I do is driven by logic. The problem is that her logic fails to grasp it. That is, her basic logic deems my superior logic to be illogical. Which is why I win. Logical really!
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                  That women and multi tasking thing is rubbish.
                  I don't think it’s a myth, I've seen some phenomenal female multitaskers. They don't go deep though.

Possibly men could do the same if they stayed shallow enough though.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                    I don't think it’s a myth, I've seen some phenomenal female multitaskers. They don't go deep though.

Possibly men could do the same if they stayed shallow enough though.
                    - multitakers

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                      - multitakers

I like it Churchill. Now, what were you saying about Ferret?

Comment

Working...
                      X