• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What happened to Chasing the Aurora?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just giving needs you to be a reg charity.

As an aside I don't donate through just giving. They are money grabbing swines to the max.

Not only do they take 5% of the donation (+ gift aid) they also pass the charges onto the charity that they incur (i.e. credit card fees).

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
      Bloody hope they were, I sponsered him! Only a few quid but even so....

Mind you, if he had that many wives to keep he probably needed the cash
      As admin said a while ago, any money donated did actually go to the charities. What a strange bloke - mentally ill, probably.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        What a strange bloke - mentally ill, probably.
        No wonder he fitted in so well here

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          As admin said a while ago, any money donated did actually go to the charities. What a strange bloke - mentally ill, probably.
          Sorry, which CUK regular were you referring to there?

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
            Just giving needs you to be a reg charity.

As an aside I don't donate through just giving. They are money grabbing swines to the max.

Not only do they take 5% of the donation (+ gift aid) they also pass the charges onto the charity that they incur (i.e. credit card fees).
            Just Giving ain't a charity mate!

Comment

just went to http://www.chasingtheaurora.com

"Chasing The Aurora - the first British solo and unsupported attempt to walk to the magnetic north pole in winter
              This site is down for maintenance.
              Please check back again soon. "

obviously having some server problems..

.. i'll check back in 5 mins

The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Call me an old cynic but I thought it was fishy from day 1
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
                  just went to http://www.chasingtheaurora.com

"Chasing The Aurora - the first British solo and unsupported attempt to walk to the magnetic north pole in winter
                  This site is down for maintenance.
                  Please check back again soon. "

obviously having some server problems..

.. i'll check back in 5 mins

Still! I checked the other day and there were problems then too
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                    Call me an old cynic but I thought it was fishy from day 1
                    Me too. I still parted with cash though. Generous to a fault me.

Comment

He gushed far too much for someone that would do that sort of thing.
                      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
                      X