• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Scots very largely built the British Empire

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lucifer Box View Post
    I thought the national anthem was "Things can only get better"

Every time someone mentions that song, I see Mandelson, Blair, Brown and especially Prescott on a victory rostrum somewhere jigging self-conciously to it to show how cool they were.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      My invoice is in the post...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/m.../09/do0907.xml

Interesting reading, what happened to British greatness and how do we get it back again?
      Even if this is true, it is largely irrelevant as the big question is, as you hint at, "Who fL1cked up the British Empire" ??
      If you find this post offensive, please insert "Chan" before and "tho" after, then it should be OK.

Sometimes I almost feel just like a human being - Elvis Costello

Comment

Originally posted by daviejones View Post
        But we both know it isn't...
        There is a very good book, which, if you are interested makes some startling revelations, both good and bad for the Scots...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/When-Scotlan...7283956&sr=1-1
        Does it cover the Darien episode?

or is it post union where you cannot (but no doubt you will) really claim sole ownership of anything outside the British label
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
          Does it cover the Darien episode?

or is it post union where you cannot (but no doubt you will) really claim sole ownership of anything outside the British label
          Nope, it covers it in a bit of detail....you should read the book, it may change that bigoted attitude you have...
          "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

It was a Scotsman who laid the foundations for the business behomoth that is Hong Kong.

Comment

Originally posted by larry View Post
              It was a Scotsman who laid the foundations for the business behomoth that is Hong Kong.
              Thank you.

Now this explorer is had enough of the North sea for 26 hours he'sbeen trying to cross it.

Hang on a mo is that a bit of land I see ahead? Let's call it Macdeen.

Day light! I can see day light!!!
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
              X