• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC want "punchbags"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HMRC want "punchbags"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/7116092.stm

Ha Ha....muppets.

Punchbags for HMRC

I thought they were called small businesses?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      I thought they were called small businesses?
      No, they are scumbags.

Comment

"is there any wonder the discs went missing with morale so low"

Ah right, so that gets them off the hook then.

I'm p1ssed off with the missus, does that mean I don't have to test my code?

Comment

On a previous client site the Helpdesk asked for a punchball to be put up in the storeroom for 'stress management' purposes. (At their own expense, BTW.)

A senior manager heard about the request, came down and had a right go at all of us for 'having the wrong attitude'.

"You should be loving our customers. When they phone up you should be grateful. Anybody not happy should leave now."

Clearly someone who has NEVER dealt with a user or the public.

Funnily enough, his reaction had an effect upon morale.
          Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
            In what way was that funny?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              In what way was that funny?
              In that it gave us someone to laugh at behind his back.
              Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
                On a previous client site the Helpdesk asked for a punchball to be put up in the storeroom for 'stress management' purposes. (At their own expense, BTW.)

A senior manager heard about the request, came down and had a right go at all of us for 'having the wrong attitude'.

"You should be loving our customers. When they phone up you should be grateful. Anybody not happy should leave now."

Clearly someone who has NEVER dealt with a user or the public.

Imho, the manager was 100% correct. Learn some customers service skills!

If you get stressed dealing with "the Public" or "users", you're in the wrong job.

Comment

my ex "works" for HMRC

Why can't they just punch her?

Comment

Originally posted by andrew_neil_uk View Post
                    my ex "works" for HMRC

Why can't they just punch her?
                    What happened when you did?

Comment

Working...
                    X