• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IT Consultant of the Year

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
    It's about time you people started eating some reality sandwiches and get your ducks in a row. Perhaps we can then think about parking our cars in the same garage.

And remember, we don't want to wind ourselves round the axle on this.
    I'm scuba diving in your think tank!

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
      What an up his own arse, hateful <removed : Oh Dear>!
      I can see an image of this dick-wipe building up in my mind as a meld of all the arsehole consultants I've ever had to work with.

Last edited by ferret : Today at 01:48. Reason: Excessive use of the C word
      what... consultant?

Is it a temp or permie ban?
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        What a load of pathetic old balls. Real IT contractors turn up, fiddle about randomly with some cody thing for 12 months and escape to the next sucker before their total pointlessness is discovered.
        Couldn't of put it better myself.

One suggested change to the article,

"the shrewd IT contractor knows the traditional practice of showing interest only in their specific duty is ever more important and to be followed at all times"

Comment

It's clear that most of you are just techies and don't run real businesses. What a shame.
          Things are going to be tough next year for those of you who don't take his advice.
          Oh dear... you think we cant spout the same old balls at the client? I am the king of telling the client what they want to hear, and setting the agenda early so I am set to look good. Its an essential skill as a contractor, its not how good you are at the work, its how good you appear to be at the work.

But this guy is talking out of his ass.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            It's clear that most of you are just techies and don't run real businesses. What a shame.
            Things are going to be tough next year for those of you who don't take his advice.

HTH
            You obviously have your finger on the pulse ! Is it OK if I PM you for advice on how to power my business forward ?

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
              You obviously have your finger on the pulse ! Is it OK if I PM you for advice on how to power my business forward ?
              Please feel free to do so. £500 per PM. Send me your address for invoicing.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                Please feel free to do so. £500 per PM. Send me your address for invoicing.
                Check your Inbox. I have set aside a budget of £5K for Business Development. If I try really hard I may become a real business.

Comment

I always thought the main difference between consultants + contractors was the width of their ties and their suits.

Comment

Here's the difference explained in terms of plumbers

The plumber.

Comes to you house. Identifies the fault with your boiler, suggests a repair. Fixes the fault, services the system, charges £350 and leaves. You are happy in a warm home.

The plumbing "consultant"

Arrives in a sharp suit. Has 3 hour meeting with you discussing synergies with your lighting, how your carpets could generate warmer feet if upgraded and how the industry is moving towards thinner pipes.

Creates a detailed report on the future of condensing boilers and presents this to your family. Thanks you all and leaves at 7.00pm after handing you a bill for £2500.

You sit, tired and cold with your broken boiler wondering how you are going to pay for Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by King Cnvt View Post
                      Here's the difference explained in terms of plumbers

The plumber.

Comes to you house. Identifies the fault with your boiler, suggests a repair. Fixes the fault, services the system, charges £350 and leaves. You are happy in a warm home.

The plumbing "consultant"

Arrives in a sharp suit. Has 3 hour meeting with you discussing synergies with your lighting, how your carpets could generate warmer feet if upgraded and how the industry is moving towards thinner pipes.

Creates a detailed report on the future of condensing boilers and presents this to your family. Thanks you all and leaves at 7.00pm after handing you a bill for £2500.

You sit, tired and cold with your broken boiler wondering how you are going to pay for Christmas.
                      Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

Working...
                      X