• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Don't call a teddy bear Mohammed...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want the UK to cut aid to Sudan.. but the problem is that actually hurts the folks who deserve it least.

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
      What, are there any decent law abiding muslims? You really trolling or taking the p1ss?

Faith is an interpretation of whichever book you want to reference. The extremist slant on the Koran gives rise to the politisized Islam that scares us all. There is an opposite, and in many places more widely held view within Islam (The one most in britain subscribe too) which runs counter to that extremist slant. That one doesn't get much oxygen in our press ...
      The extremists terrorise the moderates. Telling them that they're not true muslims unless they follow the Muslim Brotherhood's (or whatever) interpretation. If you're not a true muslim, then you can be beaten, robbed or even killed, and it's "Jihad" - again according to their interpretation, which is of course a license, and indeed an authority, to do what you want, so you can understand why young men are attracted to it.

Islam is a fragmented religion. There's no real central authority, or othodoxy. Within one mosque you may find many different Imans teaching their own view of Islam. Each with their own group of followers. And they criticise Christianity for its denomintations!
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
        They have as much right to expect their laws to be obeyed as we do.

We would be up in arms if one of them came over here and flouted our laws.
        I agree, but the enforcement of all laws should be subject to the application of at least some common-sense.
        It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
          I want the UK to cut aid to Sudan.. but the problem is that actually hurts the folks who deserve it least.
          Hear Hear
          Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
            Shirley you meant most?

if they cut aid to those who deserve it least then those that deserve it most would get more?

Comment

Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
              I agree, but the enforcement of all laws should be subject to the application of at least some common-sense.
              Anybody westerner with an ounce of common sense, working in a Muslim country, would stay well clear of any reference to Muhammad, Allah or Islam in general

Comment

Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
                Shirley you meant most?

if they cut aid to those who deserve it least then those that deserve it most would get more?
                I knew what he meant (Too polite to point out the guff)

And who's Shirley ?

Comment

Shirley you meant most?

No I meant least.

If you cut aid to Sudan the rich ruling classes wont be effected. Its the poor who have no power and couldnt care less about a teddy bear that will sudeenly see less food on the table

Comment

Anybody westerner with an ounce of common sense, working in a Muslim country, would stay well clear of any reference to Muhammad, Allah or Islam in general
                    Personally speaking, I find it common sense to avoid going to Muslim countries completely - and thats without taking into consideration about the limitations placed on us poor, downtrodden women.

Comment

And who's Shirley ?
                      It was a running joke (one of many) in the film "Airplane!"

Comment

Working...
                      X