• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's your current daily rate?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    <jealousy>
    So what skill set does the elusive +£800 poster have ?
    </jealousy>

Please please let it be .Net

Or was it AtW using his virtual rate from SKA
    Sorry, I lied.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      Which currency? Not so good if it's $
      £££££££££ of course
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
        <jealousy>
        So what skill set does the elusive +£800 poster have ?
        </jealousy>

Please please let it be .Net

Or was it AtW using his virtual rate from SKA

Edit: Damn it, now there's two of them.
        Gone are those days... unless of course I could interest you in a bit of PI...?

Comment

Originally posted by Zorba View Post
          Gone are those days... unless of course I could interest you in a bit of PI...?
          PP-PI. If so PM the details.

Comment

These polls are meaningless (as too are the what is your highest qualification polls)

a/ some people lie
            b/ some do few very short contracts with high rates and spend the rest of the year on the bench
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
              These polls are meaningless (as too are the what is your highest qualification polls)

a/ some people lie
              b/ some do few very short contracts with high rates and spend the rest of the year on the bench
              Don't demean the poll. I sense an ulterior motive Mr. Bagpuss... <pulls best Peter Faulkner quizzical pose>

Comment

Last time we did one the 800 a day person worked a few months a year i.e. billed a lot less then those on lower rates. A more meaningful poll would be how much did you bill last year.
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Last time we did one the 800 a day person worked a few months a year i.e. billed a lot less then those on lower rates. A more meaningful poll would be how much did you bill last year.
                  Well, would it now? Would it just? That sounds like information that an organised contractor would have (i.e. not the majority on this board), also you are trying to freeze out new contractors who haven't worked a year are you? Or should they give you cashflow projections...

Comment

Sits back awaiting the inevitable poll, followed by an entire thread arguing whether this includes VAT and expenses in true CUK fashion.

This is then followed by the "what was your turnover" poll.

AtW will sense that the congregation is in the mood for polls and will start one about what he should have for lunch tomorrow.

At this point SA will complain about too many polls, shortly before one of the old timers complaining about the quality of posts on this board

The old timer will go into voluntary exile for an afternoon whilst lurking to see if they're missed. This will be ended with an "I'm Back" thread.

/Repeat

Comment

You might as well poll Penis size

Comment

Working...
                      X