• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Early retirement?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Anyone planning this? ...
    Alistair Darling
    Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

I just intend to inherit the family fortune, and then I'll stop work.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Don't you feel terribly guilty that you financially raped the UK, sold some muppet a pup at the top of a property bubble, and won't be giving back to the UK like a proper immigrant?
        Nope. All UK citizens should be annoyed at me for being such a cad and a bounder.

Sorry chaps

Comment

I just intend to inherit the family fortune, and then I'll stop work.
          Did I mention that the wife is an only child, her parents are absolutely loaded and NZ doesnt have inheritance or capital gains tax?

Not gloating as very little of my ability to retire comes from skill or hard work on my behalf. I didnt have a master plan of ecnomic brilliance... just lucky so far. Why do I feel karma sneaking up behind me with a basball bat?

Comment

Tay - I was feeling a little envious until you mentioned NZ. I mean why move out to the middle of nowhere on a island that no one give a tulipe about!

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
              Tay - I was feeling a little envious until you mentioned NZ. I mean why move out to the middle of nowhere on a island that no one give a tulipe about!
              I guess that's what happens when you spend too much time in the UK
              Carpe Pactum

(does fuzzy logic tickle?)

Comment

a) Its my home.

b) Because its in the middle of nowhere on a island that no one give a tulipe about! I like being a long long way from Muslim extremists, Iraq wars, tube bombings and Asylum seekers.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
                  I'd like to retire at 45. or at least semi retire. (I'm nearly 33 now)

House paid off at 40 (max - more likely to be 37/8).
                  5 or so years to plough money into various schemes.

My other half's a contractor too, so we reckon we could scurry half a mil away between us in 5 years, which woud be very nice.

It might not be enough to completely retire...but it might take us down to working say 3 months of the year.
                  It depends obviously on how greedy we get, and/or if we have kids.
                  Good plan. Am there or thereabouts already. Kids would completely screw it though ...
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    Good plan. Am there or thereabouts already. Kids would completely screw it though ...
                    Are you not having kids SAS? Does MrsG not fancy any? (Or does she like the Prada bags and Manolo's better? )
                    The pope is a tard.

Comment

I dont think SAS's combat missions use live rounds......

Comment

Working...
                      X