• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Put Downs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
    So in a nutshell, you barge past some poor old pensioner, and because he has the temerity to complain, so quietly that you couldn't even hear what he said, you humiliate him in public as well?

You kiwis haven't got the jist of clever put-downs, have you.

(Mind you, it was better treatment than he'd get in an English old people's home.)
    Indeed, it wasn't exactly at the the forefront of witty quips.

Comment

Chap on my sports team, when called fat by one of the opposition replies:

"I'm only fat because every time I f@:k your mother she gives me a biscuit!"

My favourite ever!

Comment

Originally posted by ruth11 View Post

My favourite ever!

Comment

Originally posted by ruth11 View Post

Heard Paul Merton say that on HIGNFY. Funny.

Comment

He wasnt a pensioner.. he was about 50.

And I hadnt pushed past him, it was the usual jostle to get on a train. He had wanted to read his newspaper in the train.. I waited for him to put it down so I could go past and people behind me could get on, he didnt, so I walked through his paper. Then he muttered... etc etc It was either that or me and the other people not get on the train.

Comment

That was said when Aus were playing Zimbabwe in criket, McGraw was the bolwer who asked the batsmen why he was so fat....

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
                He wasnt a pensioner.. he was about 50.

And I hadnt pushed past him, it was the usual jostle to get on a train. He had wanted to read his newspaper in the train.. I waited for him to put it down so I could go past and people behind me could get on, he didnt, so I walked through his paper. Then he muttered... etc etc It was either that or me and the other people not get on the train.
                Do you see us coming to New Zealand, pushing your pensioners about? No? Well then.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Foster Kane View Post
                  Heard Paul Merton say that on HIGNFY. Funny.
                  Heard Eddo Brantes say that to Glenn McGrath twelve years ago. Still funny though.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
                    Heard Eddo Brantes say that to Glenn McGrath twelve years ago. Still funny though.
                    Saw it on HIGNFY 16 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Foster Kane View Post
                      Do you see us coming to New Zealand, pushing your pensioners about? No? Well then.

Comment

Working...
                      X