• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Racist Hairdresser Sued

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Denny - glad to see you here, fed up with fighting the recist lot on here on my ownd, need some help.

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
      Denny - glad to see you here, fed up with fighting the recist lot on here on my ownd, need some help.
      Ok, name names. Who is racist on this forum?

Comment

Islam is a religion not a race.

So those spouting bigoted rubbish about Islam and Muslims are not racist.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Islam is a religion not a race.
          Apparently concept of "racism" was extended, so material facts like say having 2 people belonging to the same race does not mean they can't be racist to each other - in the eyes of law that is.

Comment

Before the Human Rights Act some Muslim took his case to court under the Race Discrimination Laws. His case was thrown out because Islam, like Christianity is not a race. Jews and Sikhs are races.

Now due to the UK intepretation of the Human Rights Act, Christians and Muslims can only claim of religious discrimination however a Sikh now can claim both race and religious discrimination.

I've had lots of fun pointing out to Muslims mostly from Pakistan who claim race discrimination when what they are claiming is religious discrimination.
            (BTW I know Muslims from lots of countries.)

Comment

I suppose you are right - religious discrimination is a better term and it is good the law recognised it.

1 nil to Sue

Comment

Before the Human Rights Act some Muslim took his case to court under the Race Discrimination Laws. His case was thrown out because Islam, like Christianity is not a race. Jews and Sikhs are races.

Now due to the UK intepretation of the Human Rights Act, Christians and Muslims can only claim of religious discrimination however a Sikh now can claim both race and religious discrimination.

I've had lots of fun pointing out to Muslims mostly from Pakistan who claim race discrimination when what they are claiming is religious discrimination.
                (BTW I know Muslims from lots of countries.)
                Interesting given that almost every white person considers every brown person to be a Pakistani Muslim.
                McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

[QUOTE=SueEllen;338737]because Islam, like Christianity is not a race./QUOTE]

Okay, but it is very competitive.

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
                    Interesting given that almost every white person considers every brown person to be a Pakistani Muslim.
                    That was something of a generalisation, don't you think?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                      because Islam, like Christianity is not a race.
                      Okay, but it is very competitive.
                      True.

And both IMHO warmongers.
                      Last edited by SueEllen; 12 November 2007, 11:36. Reason: quotes

Comment

Working...
                      X