• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

have you met your agent?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been contracting 3 years for this agency, and they charge big margins on my reasonably big rate... and all I get is an invite to their Xmas do. Which of course I avoid seeing as I don't know anyone there.

Anyway, who wants to actually spend time with agents? And do you think they really want to spend time with you lot of techie geeks?

I'd much rather be sent champagne bottles or sexy lingerie (already worn by sexy female agent).

Comment

Anyway, who wants to actually spend time with agents?
      Not me. See no evil, hear no evil, do no evil

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
        .. even bought him a pint at lunch
        For a moment there, I read "Even bought him a pint of lunch". Ah, those were the days.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

"Agent is slim, female, blonde and about 6ft and makes me feel like a midget."

Why does seeing a tall woman make you want a midget?
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
            I disagree on this point, even though I'm probably in a minority of 1. He is your customer. You are selling to him. You should be entertaining him, not the other way around.
            The end client is the customer. The agent is the facilitator, for which they get paid very handsomely.
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
              I disagree on this point, even though I'm probably in a minority of 1. He is your customer. You are selling to him. You should be entertaining him, not the other way around.
              Yep. A minority of 1. The clue is in the word 'agent' - they live off your earnings.

So people do still get to meet agents? I haven't met any of my agents since 2001. I thought they had stopped doing lunches. (Which is a shame, I use to enjoy the quarterly afternoon get rat-faced at their expense.)
              Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Working...
              X