• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Diesel 00.9p a ltr buy it quick

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't remember the dates, and so don't know which gimp chancellor, but yes, diesels were encouraged by the government for a while, then they decided against it on pollution grounds, so now they discourage the use by higher diesel prices.

This inevitably leads to higher prices everywhere else, as most freight is diesel powered.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
      Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't diesel much cheaper than petrol many years ago? Call me a cynic but the price went up as it got more popular ergo protecting the government from any tax loss.
      Diesel was cheaper than old 4 star leaded petrol.
      Standard unleaded is roughly equivalant to old 3 star leaded, hence it always has been cheaper than diesel.

Comment

Working...
      X