• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Spit Roasted Pig!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Baggy is actually talking to @rseguru.
    Maybe if he learned how to use his quotes properly, the confusion would go
    The pope is a tard.

Comment

You'll need big baps for something that size.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        You'll need big baps for something that size.
        and a lot of cheese sauce.

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
          Yum!!!

http://www.barbeque-spitroast.co.uk/supplyspit.html

1 Whole Hog Roast (approx. 60kg Hog) £369.00 feeds 120-150 though that depends on who is eating.
          Huh, that can satisfy Threaded for a couple of meals.
          I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Went to a friends garden party in the summer where hogroast.com (or something similar) were doing the catering... must admit it was yummy nosh with apple sauce on soft baps.

No idea how much it cost but it didn't seem to go very far - i.e. no seconds ! so may need two pigs dependant upon the number of guests

HTH
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

yeah, check with em how many guests you'll serve with each hog.. last party with a hogroast i attended had piles left over.. there were at least 40 guests, including kids..

was nice though, looks quite flash and gives a sort of "feast" atmosphere to the catering! (whole pig roasting on the spit like at a kings banquet)

Comment

I had a look at their site and I see that they do spit roast chickens too. You should probably get some of those for the vegetarians.

Lamb would be my choice but probably doesn't feed as many people.

K

Comment

Originally posted by Keldin View Post
                  I had a look at their site and I see that they do spit roast chickens too. You should probably get some of those for the vegetarians.

Lamb would be my choice but probably doesn't feed as many people.

K
                  I like the thinking, but chicken is generally not regarded as a vegetable. For the record, nor is a fish.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
                    Is it nice at a garden party?

Or is it over rated/messy/boring/smelly?
                    Nice, but you need to book well in advance if you're going to do this at a busy time. I tried to get one a couple of years back for my parents anniversary party, but couldn't get anything sorted a month in advance.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                      I like the thinking, but chicken is generally not regarded as a vegetable. For the record, nor is a fish.
                      Back in the 80s I used to occasionally have lunch at a pub whose menu listed:

Vegetarian Special
                      Lettuce (when available) £15

Comment

Working...
                      X