• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scots close in on England ranking

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scots close in on England ranking

Scotland are on the verge of overtaking England after rising to their highest position in the Fifa world rankings.

Despite their 2-0 loss in Georgia, the Scots have moved from 14th to 13th - two places behind England, who fell to 11th from ninth after losing to Russia.

The top nine teams will be seeded for the 2010 World Cup qualifying rounds.

Link
    Me, me, me...

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Scotland are on the verge of overtaking England after rising to their highest position in the Fifa world rankings.

Despite their 2-0 loss in Georgia, the Scots have moved from 14th to 13th - two places behind England, who fell to 11th from ninth after losing to Russia.

Link
    We're coming to get youse ...

Appallingly, however, I went to see Runrig last night who, as their last song (after Loch Lomond - I mean, wtf?!) sang a chorus of "Swing Low, Sweet Chariot". FFS!
    Have patience. In time, even grass becomes milk.

Comment

Originally posted by chasingtheaurora View Post
      We're coming to get youse ...

Appallingly, however, I went to see Runrig last night who, as their last song (after Loch Lomond - I mean, wtf?!) sang a chorus of "Swing Low, Sweet Chariot". FFS!

What the "more Welsh than anything" slave song? Strange.....
      "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Originally posted by daviejones View Post
        What the "more Welsh than anything" slave song? Strange.....
        Indeed

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post

Link
          "And their position could improve further if the Scots beat world champions Italy in their final Euro 2008 qualifier on 17 November, a match they must win to reach the finals next year. "

Not really, again

Oh please stop it!!!!!

I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

i really hope scotland qualify, good luck..

what confuses me is how the argies are placed higher than brazil? brazil beat them 3-0 to win the Copa America, and outperformed them in the WC.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post
              "And their position could improve further if the Scots beat world champions Italy in their final Euro 2008 qualifier on 17 November, a match they must win to reach the finals next year. "

Not really, again

Oh please stop it!!!!!

I guess since Scotland never really believed they would get this far, every day is a bonus...well played to them I say.
              "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

I guess since Scotland never really believed they would get this far, every day is a bonus...well played to them I say.
                And we beat France, remember?

Comment

Ah, I got your tactic. It might work. Italians are sentimental.... poor guys, never gone that far, they would be really happy to do that..... pls help them
                  I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post
                    Ah, I got your tactic. It might work. Italians are sentimental.... poor guys, never gone that far, they would be really happy to do that..... pls help them
                    ??? Are you drunk??

Comment

Working...
                    X