• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

booing Frank Lampard

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't hate him - hate is too strong a word. I think he plays abysmally for England though, and shouldn't be in the team.

IIRC, during and after the World Cup, Fat Frank was moaning that the press were only focussing on his England performances, and not giving him credit for how well he'd played for Chelsea. One hack I was reading pointed out that he had got the credit AT THE TIME, and would he like them to start the reviews for the next matches with "Lampard, who played sh1t in the World Cup but don't worry folks he'll be banging them in against Bolton next week,..."
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

right, so it's a combination of poor england form and general, personal dislike then.. i could understand england fans being outraged at bentley refusing the U21s but still think frank's treatment is curiously harsh..

personally, i thought he was sh1t at the world cup - really f**kin useless.. but the whole team were guilty.. i could rant here, brakes applied.. what i didn't understand was the hate campaign against just one player..

frank was runner up in the FIFA World Player of the Year in 2005, beaten only by that party-animal brazilian.. hasn't repeated the feat since, but what a season he had in 2005..

i think frank's only crime is not being as good as the titan that is Gerrard.. i think gerrard is standing between frank and his best position for england.. the suggestion that he's not proud to play for england is daft.

Comment

Lampard is a good player who had a dodgy world cup, mainly because he missed so many chances.

Perhaps if his so-called betters had had the wherewithall to get into those positions themselves we would have won more games.

He is merely a scapegoat. The money thing is irrelevant.

Comment

has anybody read frank's book?

Comment

I wasn't aware it contained words. I thought about looking at it to see if he had gone over the lines though
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by barry_abs View Post
              has anybody read frank's book?
              Look chap, I don't know if you are too young or your samurai father just did not teach you basics, but it is not Frank's words in that book. The footballers are rich, physically strong, attractive to shallow women and all that, but they ain't exactly smart. They don't write those books - professional writers do and they put their name on the book: I have far more sympathy to that MI6 spy who was undercover in Al Q in Afranistan and he "wrote" a very good book about it - obviously with his English he could not write that well, heck I can't do that, but he told the story to a pro who then wrote it very nicely - that guy at least risked his life and he is not native English speaker, so for such "book" is excuseable for him, but not for Frank Lampard or any other footballer who "writes" those books.

95% income tax for any footballer earning over £5k per week. One year in jail for each attempt to avoid or evade paying that tax.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                Look chap, I don't know if you are too young or your samurai father just did not teach you basics, but it is not Frank's words in that book. The footballers are rich, physically strong, attractive to shallow women and all that, but they ain't exactly smart. They don't write those books - professional writers do and they put their name on the book: I have far more sympathy to that MI6 spy who was undercover in Al Q in Afranistan and he "wrote" a very good book about it - obviously with his English he could not write that well, heck I can't do that, but he told the story to a pro who then wrote it very nicely - that guy at least risked his life and he is not native English speaker, so for such "book" is excuseable for him, but not for Frank Lampard or any other footballer who "writes" those books.

95% income tax for any footballer earning over £5k per week. One year in jail for each attempt to avoid or evade paying that tax.
                So you just looked at the pictures then?

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                  So you just looked at the pictures then?
                  Only on Page 3

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

snip....

'aving a larf I hope.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                      'aving a larf I hope.
                      However hard he tries he can't get rid of his Soviet instincts.
                      Repeat after me, atw: the MARKET, the MARKET, the MARKET.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X