• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Self Improvement Books ,

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I read Dante's trilogy...hard work but very interesting....naff all to do with work tho...
    "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
      I think that the best book to read concerning office politics is "The Prince" by Niccolò Machiavelli
      Which you can find here for free.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Have a look at Geoff Thompson books, I've read a few and he gets to the point well.

Go for 'Fear a friend of exceptional people'

It's aimed a little towards martial arts, it explains how to control adrenilin dumps and how to use fear in your favour. I read it when I was competing in lots of thai boxing fights and it helped me sustain my energy levels and not burn out due to adrenal rushes.

But it also says how it applies to other walks of life like work, relationships etc and it helped me with presentations, interviews etc so worth a read!

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          Which you can find here for free.
          What a great linky. Cheer FaQQer

Comment

Originally posted by 2uk View Post
            One that caught my attention was “Meditation for dummies” lol . Might give it a try ( at least I will have a laugh )
            Out of curiosity, did the first page of this book read something like 'Learn to clear your mind of all things' and when you turned to the next page and beyond, it was blank?

Comment

Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
              I think that the best book to read concerning office politics is "The Prince" by Niccolò Machiavelli
              I shall waste no time in reading it.

Comment

I bought that book Gettings Things Done about a year ago. Still haven't got around to reading it though

Comment

robert kiyosaka -- is that the guy that reckons silver is a good investment on the grounds they are now using it for sticking plaster

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                    What a great linky. Cheer FaQQer
                    I don't know what's wrong with me - that's the second useful post I've done today!!

Off to TPD for a rest.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by mrdonuts View Post
                      robert kiyosaka -- is that the guy that reckons silver is a good investment on the grounds they are now using it for sticking plaster
                      Don't know who robert kiyosaka is, I've read 4 books by Robert Kiyosaki and neither silver nor sticking plaster are mentioned at all. Maybe that's in a book I'm yet to read..

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      I bought that book Gettings Things Done about a year ago. Still haven't got around to reading it though
                      Try eat that frog - it's definitely improved my time management!
                      Last edited by Jog On; 23 October 2007, 13:37. Reason: Eat that frog recommendation
                      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Working...
                      X