• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

And he scores!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chasingtheaurora View Post
    Edward Longshanks was Edward I I believe?
    Yes he was, and he kept the scots in order. It was that useless son of his who lost at Bannockburn.

Still, he got his comeuppance - a red-hot sword up his arse somewhere in Wales.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
      At least they might sack McClaren now... every cloud and all that
      And replace him with ...

Let's face it, England have had ten managers since Ramsey (not counting stopgaps like Wilkinson and Peter Taylor) and none of them have got within sniffing distance of winning anything. I think it's about time we looked for other reasons for the lack of success.

Spain are another underachieving country - we could start by looking at what we've got in common with them, the way the game is organised etc, and what is different to the way they do it in Germany and Italy.

Lord McLaurin carried out a root and branch reorganisation of Cricket in England, and we rose from Test no-hopers to second in the world and holders of the Ashes.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
        Since when is Russia in Europe anyway
        If the wind is in the right direction and you squint a little, you just might concede to Russia being a smidge European. But Israel????
        The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
          If the wind is in the right direction and you squint a little, you just might concede to Russia being a smidge European. But Israel????
          And Georgia...Ukraine...

Oh Well...
          "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
            holders of the Ashes.
            For 18 months
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
              For 18 months

Yes - McLaurin left, the numpties regained control, organised a year of parties, and made Buggins captain again in the form of Flintoff.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
                Israel are in Eurovision
                Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post

Yes - McLaurin left, the numpties regained control, organised a year of parties, and made Buggins captain again in the form of Flintoff.
                  No, Freddy was the right choice at the time, since he was performing so well with bat and ball, and wasn't ever injured. It was reminiscent of Mark Butcher - from England captain to dropped from one match to the next.

With you, though - the FA haven't got the balls to do something for the game, and the Premier League wouldn't let them anyway, and they have all the money.

So - who's next in, though? Sammy Lee's available.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                    No, Freddy was the right choice at the time, since he was performing so well with bat and ball, and wasn't ever injured. It was reminiscent of Mark Butcher - from England captain to dropped from one match to the next.

With you, though - the FA haven't got the balls to do something for the game, and the Premier League wouldn't let them anyway, and they have all the money.

So - who's next in, though? Sammy Lee's available.
                    Dennis Wise seems to be doing a good job for Leeds ?

Comment

Bad luck guys, my heart is bleeding for you

Comment

Working...
                      X