• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fury at DNA pioneer's theory: Africans are less intelligent than Westerners

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Id never thought about this question before i read this thread.

But it got me thinking.

I can name losts of great and famous black athletes, politicans and TV/Film stars but why cant i name any black person famous for being really clever (eg a famous scientist etc)

Comment

My history is a little hazy, but wasn't that Ottoman?
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        c) Considering that we second raters have ruled the world for much of the last five hundred years while the brighter Asians have languished, intelligence is clearly not the major factor in success anyway.

500 years is a small period of time considering the first civilisations emerged thousands of years BC. And we are now seeing the beginning of the end of Western dominance. These things are cyclical.
        My theory is that the West's rediscovery of science and rationality in the 16th and 17th centuries laid the foundations of an extraordinarily technical society which could then dominate the world. Scientists were the celebrities of their age. Newton was feted as the most famous man of his time and even in the 19th century people flocked to see Faraday's lectures.
        Now we have Jade Goody and David Beckham. C'est la vie.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          My history is a little hazy, but wasn't that Ottoman?
          The Ottomans certainly but I seem to remember the Mongols overran parts of Europe too.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

"To simply dismiss something because it not PC is no better than embracing it because it suits a racist agenda. "
            Originally posted by zeitghost
            There would have been no problem whatever if the results had been the other way around of course...
            Indeed.

Comment

mongol hordes were knocking at the door, then someone popped their clogs or whatever it is they wear in mongolia and they all trooped off home for the funeral instead

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                [url]Just as well the Khan died or we'd all be riding horses & living in yurts.
                On the other hand getting shagged would be a lot easier.
                Last edited by sasguru; 18 October 2007, 09:32.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

You did not say invasions generally z, you said "Gates of Vienna" which usually refers to (looks it up) the siege of Vienna in 1683 which was Ottoman. So ya boo sucks.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

He's been dropped by the science museum:
                    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7050020.stm
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Don't see why they dropped him. He did some research and published his findings...people should get over it.
                      "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Working...
                      X