• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

skiwear

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    Any bargain rates for plan b available? Feb half term?

Is it in the village or El-tarter?
    Its in the village (well, just opposite the Piolets Park hotel). Sadly, Feb half term is high season, so no bargain rates for that one (has to pay the rent for the rest of the year!). However, end of season (late March-early April) and I might be persuaded.....
    Plan A is located just about here.
    If that doesn't work, then there's always plan B

Comment

Originally posted by XLMonkey View Post
      Its in the village (well, just opposite the Piolets Park hotel). Sadly, Feb half term is high season, so no bargain rates for that one (has to pay the rent for the rest of the year!). However, end of season (late March-early April) and I might be persuaded.....
      Is Soldeu likely to have snow late season?

One of my most enjoyable skiing holidays yet was in Soldeu - fantastic snow, good runs, good off-piste. Bloody cold though - it was -20 at the top of the mountain one morning, -6 at the bottom and still -1 in Andorra La Vella.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Ok, I shall remember when we're booking the last minute, end of season trip....
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          Was best at end of season last year

http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/rep...cal/report.asp

(registration required)
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Soldeu has come along way in recent years, they've linked it up with Pasa which almost doubles the ski area, I spent a week at the Nordic (El Tartar) in March 2006 which is a great Hotel with a swimming pool and jacuzzi to relax those tight muscles, the food was only average mind.

The lift pass was almost as much as the 3 Valleys but all things considered I suppose it was still worth it as I didn't have to use a single drag lift, there’s a short black running down to the Nordic (insert Gary Coleman joke here) so you can show off to all the 'noobs' sitting outside.
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
              Its always best at the end of the season - for the last 6 years (which is as long as I've been going), the snow in the first 2 weeks of April has been the best of the season.

Melts pretty quickly, mind, you need to be on the slopes at 9 if you want to enjoy the powder.
              Plan A is located just about here.
              If that doesn't work, then there's always plan B

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                have any of you lot been to the Crazy Kangaroo ?

I heard a story that if a bord gets 'em out for the lads in there they get a bottle of champagne

Milan.
                I went there every night for a week (At St Anton?) - didn't see any birds getting bottles of champagne - plenty on the tables dancing though ...

Best riding I ever had is a new(ish) resort in Canada called Kicking Horse, absolutely immense. Actually Canadian resorts rate very highly imo - Did a season at Fernie and if you're happy trading nightlife for steep and deep Fernie's your place. Whistler also gets voted world's #1 regularly for a very good reason.

Europe then Val D'Isrere is great, and some of the Austrian resorts cause their snow quality is consistently good, they've got big mountains and they're 100 times nicer than the French ...
                Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Its always best at the end of the season - for the last 6 years (which is as long as I've been going), the snow in the first 2 weeks of April has been the best of the season.

Melts pretty quickly, mind, you need to be on the slopes at 9 if you want to enjoy the powder.
                  Cheers - haven't been to Soldeu for 11 years, but have been given permission to take my daughter next year, so am planning already!
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                    Soldeu has come along way in recent years, they've linked it up with Pasa which almost doubles the ski area, I spent a week at the Nordic (El Tartar) in March 2006 which is a great Hotel with a swimming pool and jacuzzi to relax those tight muscles, the food was only average mind.

The lift pass was almost as much as the 3 Valleys but all things considered I suppose it was still worth it as I didn't have to use a single drag lift, there’s a short black running down to the Nordic (insert Gary Coleman joke here) so you can show off to all the 'noobs' sitting outside.
                    I went there earlier this year, stayed in a catered chalet just up the hill overlooking the Nordic. You can buy gear out there for half the price it retails here. The accommodation was first class. Recommended for beginners/intermediates.
                    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
                    X