• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

skiwear

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snaw View Post
    ...average at least 3 weeks a year. ...
    This season, I skied every weekend from Jan 4th through to the 10th April - Andermatt, Melchsee-Frutt, Engelberg, Feldberg. And had a week's ski holiday in Valais.

To chef: if your girlfriend is not as good a boarder as you, then for your and her sanity, get her booked into lessons for the whole week. Insist on it.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I'd recommend this particular ski mask...

http://photos1.blogger.com/img/197/1...0/skimask3.jpg

Comment

Or this...

www.flickr.com/photos/7859014@N04/1019875309/

Comment

As cheap as it sounds - Aldi have a sale on thermal underwear this Thursday.

Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

If you want really cheap skiing you can't beat Verbier (yep, I know what your thinking...)

They've got a nuclear bunker under their leisure centre that they've converted into a hostel.

25CHF per night* and breakfast is thrown in.

*2003 prices, but it won't have gone up that much...
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Every year me and the wife take far too many clothes and only wear half of it, so when we went to Courchevel in January we decided not to take so much gear... -20 and stuck on a chairlift is no picnic I can tell you, its not the freezing that hurts its the feeling you get as you defrost.

TK Maxx is good if you get the timing right (the good stuff goes fast), avoid the Nike/Adidas snow clothes as they don't really cut it when the weather moves in.

Saying that... March should be tracky bottoms and T-shirt weather.
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                To chef: if your girlfriend is not as good a boarder as you, then for your and her sanity, get her booked into lessons for the whole week. Insist on it.
                Already covered that. she wants to ski anyway and as she has never touched a ski in her life she suggested lessons so she "doesnt look stupid and can whizz down the slopes like everyone else" (ahh bless)
                The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

www.skiwear4less.com/

Have some good cheapish stuff on there.

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
                    Already covered that. she wants to ski anyway and as she has never touched a ski in her life she suggested lessons so she "doesnt look stupid and can whizz down the slopes like everyone else" (ahh bless)

The Snowdome opens in Manchester this month or next

http://test.chill-factore.co.uk/
                    Last edited by Bagpuss; 15 October 2007, 15:41.
                    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                      This season, I skied every weekend from Jan 4th through to the 10th April - Andermatt, Melchsee-Frutt, Engelberg, Feldberg. And had a week's ski holiday in Valais.
                      I'm guessing you live in in Switzerland. If I could I would go every weekend - done two seasons: Canada and New Zealand and toying with the idea of moving to Canada for that very reason. The beauty of contracting ...
                      Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Working...
                      X