• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

skiwear

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

try www.sportswarehouse.co.uk.
    Have patience. In time, even grass becomes milk.

Comment

Chef,

I never ski'd in France, too expensive

Italy is great, if you want even better than Sella Ronda,

Try Zermat and Cervinia - Matterhorn.

Stay on the Italian side (Cervinia) cheaper than the Swiss side (Zermat) and have the longest slopes I have ski'd on about 15km's down to the bottom.

Ski round the Matterhorn.

Go there towards the end of the season, lower prices and sunshine.

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
        Ask around and borrow some from somebody - anyone been doing it a while has probably got spares of most things (I got at least two sets of everything, plus + extra boards etc), or just have some they're not using at the same time.
        i have all my gear, it's for her i'm asking and, well to put it politely, my missus is 5' 11 and thin where as other women i know that ski are errr well slightly more shorter and an all round type figure.. if you know what i mean.

she'll definately buy new, i just wanted some damage limitation ideas (i.e get in there and suggest before she goes and finds) for my credit card.
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Milan it's not underwear - it's snow gear, it's probably sitting outside at least one (If not two) layers of other gear. It's an expensive outlay for anyone taking up winter sports for the first time - I've gave many people exra gear I've amassed over the years, don't believe I've ever heard anyone complain about it till now.

Then again I can pick your type a mile away: all the gear, no idea.
          Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

I got an idea Chef,

check out the gear for your mrs, stick to branded quality stuff they she can wear for a few seasons

then, knowing what she needs and what sizes...

on the skiing trip with the lads (which I assume will be before the one with the Mrs)... buy the gear in france where it will probably be cheaper, my experience is item x costs 100gbp in UK and 100Euros on the mainland.

All the best,

Milan.

Comment

ysnaw,

yeah, but at least people like me look good on the slopes and not like some like you looking like they jsut came out of a jumble sale or oxfam shop with bits and bobs borrowed from their mates

are both your boots the same make ?

Milan.

Comment

snaw,

'Milan it's not underwear - it's snow gear, it's probably sitting outside at least one (If not two) layers of other gear. '

I don't know what crap you buy, but my gear only needs a set of Marks and Sparks long johns underneath and sorteeed to ski

Are you the bloke with 20 jumpers and a 'ski' coat from Asda ?

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                  ysnaw,

yeah, but at least people like me look good on the nursery slopes
                  Milan.
                  'Nuff said.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

oh dear are you from the same pod as snaw ?

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                      ysnaw,

yeah, but at least people like me look good on the slopes and not like some like you looking like they jsut came out of a jumble sale or oxfam shop with bits and bobs borrowed from their mates

are both your boots the same make ?

Milan.
                      Picking a fight with the wrong guy on this one - I been doing this solidly for better part of 16 years, I've done 2 seasons and average at least 3 weeks a year. I don't by into trying to be the flashest guy on the mountain, but I buy the best quality gear available cause it's my passion in life.

Look good on the slopes? Nah, you just look like a complete ****** to the people who actually know wtf they're doing.
                      Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Working...
                      X