• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Divorce

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chef View Post
    Disclaimer: If this advice is taken I want to make it very clear to all press that I wholeheartedly disagree with this advice and think DBA in no way reflects the views of myself, other contractors, humans, lizards or daleks (where are they? they've been very quiet recently, makes me a bit nervous) .. yes I have played Manhunter, yes i like tarrantino films and yes i thought Bowling for Colombine was an interesting doc..
    Columbine

/pedant
    Have patience. In time, even grass becomes milk.

Comment

Thanks all, found a solicitor which is based between my home and my contract location at the moment, he is also willing to meet me early in the morning i.e. just before 8 am so that I don't have to take time off work.

As for the kids, I know that my other half would want the kids to stay with me, its not a problem they are well into their teens and would be off to Uni in 2-3 years - I know she wont fight me for custody because the kids will also prefer to live with me.

Re the financing my thoughts are: should propose buying out my share of the house and the company (with the existing mortgage taken into consideration)

For example: house worth £500 K
      Mortgage worth £100 K

Will try my best to get a mortgage increase and offer £200 K then some of what I have int he company( or whatever the solicitor recommends) hopefully this would be a final payment - no more for extra alimony.

Hope am not being over-optimistic here.

Comment

Good luck, Southroute...
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
        X