• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Al Gore

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
    Similarly South Africa still benefits from the crisis in Zimbabwe, but again it's just not sexy.
    How does South Africa benefit? From what I read there is already 35% unemplyment in SA and now there are an additional 3 million and counting illegal immigrants crossing the border with little hope for much of a future.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      Shame on you - you may think Fisk twitters, but you said he had blamed Israel and the US for 9/11. Untrue. So you remembered incorrectly and he is not important? The truth is important.

As for Zimbabwe and North Korea. I expect I understand them as well as you do.

Not necessarily untrue and I don't need to be 'shamed on' by you. I just can't be arsed looking for it.

If you do truly understand them, stop posting the other trash then and write something that shows that you do have a grip of politics (one not gained from the 'Independent')

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        As for Zimbabwe and North Korea. I expect I understand them as well as you do.
        i.e. zero meaningful understanding. We're all just bar room politicians. Except me, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
          How does South Africa benefit? From what I read there is already 35% unemplyment in SA and now there are an additional 3 million and counting illegal immigrants crossing the border with little hope for much of a future.
          They benefit from the skilled people who are very capable and are the ones leaving, and the pool of very cheap labour.

SA is one of those places the BBC and the 'Independent' are not willing to criticise, from what I can see the whole marxist brothers in arms cause is being supported by this. And ask yourself this, if the immigrants are causing such a problem for SA why doesn't Mbeki do / say something. He won't.

Comment

They benefit from the skilled people who are very capable and are the ones leaving, and the pool of very cheap labour.
            Wrong. SA is a country with an abundance of cheap labour. Note 35% unemployment! The reasons for Mbeki not criticising Mugabe is complicated but largely stem from Mugabe's support of Mbeki during his time in exile.

Comment

Wrong. SA is a country with an abundance of cheap labour. Note 35% unemployment! The reasons for Mbeki not criticising Mugabe is complicated but largely stem from Mugabe's support of Mbeki during his time in exile.
              I don't think there is a pool of highly skilled cheap labour, the unemployment in SA is mostly unskilled. SA is benefitting.

Re the Mbeki and Mugabee alliance, it is honour between murderers. Not that complicated.

Comment

I don't think.
                Too true. Mbeki may be many things but he is not a murderer.

Comment

Too true. Mbeki may be many things but he is not a murderer.
                  Denying Aids, denying Aids drugs, having a health minister who says it can be cured with garlic and beetroot. Wake up!!!!

He complicit in Zimbabwe and the halving of life expectancy.

HIV is SA's greatest killer, Mugabe is responsible for that.

Please, if you want to argue politics get your facts right and don't fall into the trap of attacking me instead of my arguments.

Comment

Denying Aids, denying Aids drugs, having a health minister who says it can be cured with garlic and beetroot. Wake up!!!!

He complicit in Zimbabwe and the halving of life expectancy.

HIV is SA's greatest killer, Mugabe is responsible for that.

Please, if you want to argue politics get your facts right and don't fall into the trap of attacking me instead of my arguments.
                    Just trying to understnd your point of view. I don't think you can hold Mbeki responsible for the halving of the life expectancy in Zimbabwe. Thats like blaming Gordon Brown for any mistakes Sarkozy makes just because their countries are located in a similar geographical location IMHO.

I presume when you say HIV is SA's greatest killer and Mugabe is responsible you actually meant Mbeki? I agree that his rolling out of treatments has been poor but to say he is responsible for a nations culture/apprach to safe sex etc is somewhat naieve I would suggest.

Comment

Not necessarily untrue and I don't need to be 'shamed on' by you. I just can't be arsed looking for it.
                      Or because your having such a fab time in the Far East as evidenced by the fact that you still need to post your drivel on this board.

GAL.

Comment

Working...
                      X