• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Al Gore

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I enjoyed his film "An Inconvenient Truth" but I would have enjoyed it more if he had kept his political activities out of it altogether and just concentrated on the environmental message.
    It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
      He'd have blamed it on global warming?
      I just read that his oscar winning film contains several dollops of bullsh1t. Now it cannot be shown in schools unless his technical inaccuracies are pointed out.

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
        So what's your point? Maggie T's husband was an alcoholic, etc
        PMRC: Bit of history.

Comment

Originally posted by DBA_bloke View Post
          Hey, I'm not trying to defend her by any means. My point merely is that I judge people on who they are themselves, not the raving looney they marry. If I did then a handful of my friends wouldn't be my friends any more.
          Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by chasingtheaurora View Post
            He seems to have taken the 2000 election theft in his stride much better than I would've done. I think that had it been me I'd have probably looked on it as an excuse to foment revolution!

Also, it'd be interesting to ask the question "What If ... Gore Had Been President On September 11th 2001?"

The events of the 2000 election were replicated in 1962 when Nixon and JFK were much in the same position, Nixon had more votes than Kennedy and conceeded to avoid an extended period of uncertainty. We can make all kinds of 'what if' statements had Nixon been president as regards Bay of Pig, Cuban Missile crisis, or Vietnam.

It's of interest to amateur historians to play that game, the fact remains Bush won in 2000, and was REelected by a considerable margin in 2004, the difference between the Republicans and the Democrats is hardly significant enough for Gore to 'foment revolution', of course if you don't believe in liberal democracy then you would make such arguments, people with an inherent american bias childishly toss such remarks into the conversation because it make them feel cool.

Gore was of limited importance during the Clinton administration has a less than stunning academic record, is no scientist or economist and it's already been admitted that his film deliberately avoided presenting the range of views that exist about global warming because much like Michael Moore's mockumentaries he didn't want to let the facts get in the way of his politically driven story. Anyone who wants to claim that discussing climate change can be related to peace in anything other than a tenuous link is lying to themselves. It is an insult to those who have won the peace prize who have been instrumental in resolving conflict and saving lives to have their achievements compared to the likes of an enthusiastic environmental activist who does not practice what he preaches. (See Aung San Suu Kyi, Nelson Mandela, Yitzhak Rabin, Mikhail Gorbachev, Lech Walesa)

And he doesn't have the balls to cross Hilary.

Verdict: Al Gore is a Khunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
              Verdict: Al Gore is a Khunt.
              Could he have been behind 9/11 as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                Could he have been behind 9/11 as well?
                Get back to reading Robert Fisk in the "Independent" to follow the latest 9/11 denial.

Comment

Get back to reading Robert Fisk in the "Independent" to follow the latest 9/11 denial.
                  I like Fisk. I'll have a look.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    I like Fisk. I'll have a look.
                    Why doesn't that surprise me.

BTW Fisk lost what little was left of his cred when he started saying 9/11 was a conspiracy of Israel....

Comment

Why doesn't that surprise me.

BTW Fisk lost what little was left of his cred when he started saying 9/11 was a conspiracy of Israel....
                      Haven't read that one - what did he say: Israel did it? Israel knew about it in advance but didn't do anything about it? Still like his articles, though.

Comment

Working...
                      X