• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stephen Fry's HIV prog...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I was listening to an interview with George Michael last saturday. He was implying that somehow, gay people who die due to aids are heroic and should be honoured. His tone was the same as other people use to discuss, e.g. the heroic war dead.
    The heroic war dead? He is, of course, extracting the urine, one would hope.
    Have patience. In time, even grass becomes milk.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      I was listening to an interview with George Michael last saturday. He was implying that somehow, gay people who die due to aids are heroic and should be honoured. His tone was the same as other people use to discuss, e.g. the heroic war dead.
      Maybe he means they both died from the effects of a large calibre "weapon"?
      First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

I remember reading that the trusty condom ain't so trusty, after all.

Its success is usually gauged by its good results WTR stopping pregnancy. However, condom failure is often masked by the fact that no pregnancy would have happened anyway, for a variety of reasons. Sadly, the naughty HIV virus is always ready to get to work, fertile/whatever, or not.

When I read this (15 years ago) the failure rate of condoms was thought to be about 13%.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          It's an idea though. Trying to sort out another chunk of my pension today. I could get a much better rate if I smoked heavily and had it up the bum from 20 different blokes every night.
          Rather than your usual ration of 19 different blokes every night?

Comment

Given that a recent US study put the lifetime cost of treating one person with HIV at $200k, it is high time that some risky life style decisions were taken into account when deciding if people get treatment. The money could be better spent on those who get ill due to little or no fault of their own.
            Not sure I'd want morals judgement calls to start defining who get's treatment and who doesn't - where do you stop once you go down that path?

And yeah I think it's an appaling choice as well to knowingly make oneself HIV positive, but that doesn't extend to failing to treat people for making a stupiud decison (Who knows what mental state they're in when they do something like that).
            Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

It's an idea though. Trying to sort out another chunk of my pension today. I could get a much better rate if I smoked heavily and had it up the bum from 20 different blokes every night.
              I think you need to certify that you have it up the bum from 200 different blokes per weekend for it to make a difference to your annuity.
              I'm Spartacus.

Comment

Proof would be no problem. I would keep the invoices. Probably about £2.50 + VAT at my age.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                X