• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

C4 Dispatches - immigrants really good for Britain

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mace View Post
    In the next 50 years, the average salary of inhabitants of all countries will gradually converge due to globalization. It's the super-rich who are moving jobs to the developing world and moving their inhabitants here. Indians and Chinese are happy with globalization because they're becoming relatively richer. Western workers are unhappy because they'll become relatively poorer. Employers anywhere in the world are loving it because they've opened up new markets for their goods and services and are incurring lower wage costs.
    Spot on. A more useful thread for all ethnic backgrounds on this board would be "How do I take advantage of globalisation?"
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Or, I 'm not racist but...
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        It seems to me that India has indeed "moved on" whereas you clearly have not. If you think that because of your country's history (or your "persecution complex" version of it) you are owed a living by today's generation of British then think again. It was not you who had to suffer at the hands of the colonists and was not me who forced you to shine my boots. Move on.
        What?? when did i say i wanted anything from britain trust me thats the last thing i or any indian living here wants.. the stats from this documentary prove that. I wish you would stop trying to imply that... just because someone has a different view on the raj to you doesnt mean they have a chip on their shoulder.
        My whole point is that almost everything the raj did in india was to further their cause in esentially making money. If the indians benefit from it then all the better!

Comment

Originally posted by 3ill View Post
          What?? when did i say i wanted anything from britain trust me thats the last thing i or any indian living here wants.. the stats from this documentary prove that. I wish you would stop trying to imply that... just because someone has a different view on the raj to you doesnt mean they have a chip on their shoulder.
          My whole point is that almost everything the raj did in india was to further their cause in esentially making money. If the indians benefit from it then all the better!
          Your view on the Raj may be quite correct. Part of the point is no one really knows how different the UK and India would be if the British had not colonised India. I just think that your whining and one eyed assumptions are really rather pathetic and do not do the Indian people any real justice. you simply make your people out to be victims.

we ourselves were conquered by the Romans, and do you hear the British whining and whinging about the fact that the Romans raped and pillaged our country? Not a bit of it, we generally look upon the Roman conquests in a positive light. wh? because we are a confident race of people who do not need to feel the need for sympathy.

This is what sets the British apart from people like you, the Scots, the Welsh and the "we hate the English Australians" It is not us who feel superior (we are the most racially tolerant people in the world, especially in London) it is you lot who either suffer from inferiority complexes and/or feel as if you are victims. You only have to look at how India and China are performing in a globalised economy to realise that we the British are really not the benchmark for success, for cultural excellence, for morality and that we are really not important enough for the rest of the world to judge themselves by. The fact that you think that we are so influencial and so "there to be beaten" pleases us more than you can imagine.
          Last edited by DodgyAgent; 3 October 2007, 20:16.
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            Spot on. A more useful thread for all ethnic backgrounds on this board would be "How do I take advantage of globalisation?"
            I setup a shop of my own there and obtain work, charging less than everyone here and make a mint.
            McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
            Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
              [snip]
              we ourselves were conquered by the Romans, and do you hear the British whining and whinging about the fact that the Romans raped and pillaged our country? Not a bit of it, we generally look upon the Roman conquests in a positive light. wh? because we are a confident race of people who do not need to feel the need for sympathy.
              But, on the other hand...we do like to complain that we are being overrun by immigrants who are taking the locals jobs away and sending manufacturing jobs abroad. Not only that, but these immigrants have different culture and relegion and tell us they don't want to blend in. heck! they wanna run the joint. There goes everything our grandfathers fought for. sigh.

Perhaps things will be better when the colonialists leave.
              McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
              Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
                But, on the other hand...we do like to complain that we are being overrun by immigrants who are taking the locals jobs away and sending manufacturing jobs abroad. Not only that, but these immigrants have different culture and relegion and tell us they don't want to blend in. heck! they wanna run the joint. There goes everything our grandfathers fought for. sigh.

Perhaps things will be better when the colonialists leave.
                Fair point.
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

21st Century - Nationalist Resurgence

Originally posted by mace View Post
                  In the next 50 years, the average salary of inhabitants of all countries will gradually converge due to globalization. It's the super-rich who are moving jobs to the developing world and moving their inhabitants here. Indians and Chinese are happy with globalization because they're becoming relatively richer. Western workers are unhappy because they'll become relatively poorer. Employers anywhere in the world are loving it because they've opened up new markets for their goods and services and are incurring lower wage costs.
                  Not bad at all, although events can get in the way of seemingly unstoppable trends.

However, I wouldn't really go along with your subject line. Nationalism is going to be a given a boost (an Indian summer?) by the globalisation process and there is a strong reactionary trend towards the more unwholesome brands of nationalism all over the place. In the end, all fear driven stuff as per usual.

It might well be a side-show to the global-market extravaganza but the body count will stack up sooner or later – there is a pent-up demand that needs to be satisfied.

Comment

Why can't we all just play nice together?
                    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
                      Why can't we all just play nice together?
                      Because deep down, we're tribal.

Comment

Working...
                      X