• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A permie offer that as a contractor I would not refuse

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
    Well done bagpuss, you pass Statistics101.

Although these stats are mostly meaningless, I don't think that there are many people living in K&C earning just £35k.
    No I expect there are many having to survive on minimum wage
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

I would never choose to work in London.

My vote was based on a northern salary.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Pah! The average income where I live is 71K?
        Paupers!
        Congrats on the stats explantion BTW Bag-o-pus. Well done - you'll be explaining moments about the mean next
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          I would never choose to work in London.

My vote was based on a northern salary.
          Ah, Ferrets and all the tripe you can eat
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

It's not the salary (or lack of), it's the whole permie ethos. And having maybe 6 weeks leave a year, if you're lucky, if you're allowed to take it.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

permie == pwned

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                It's not the salary (or lack of), it's the whole permie ethos. And having maybe 6 weeks leave a year, if you're lucky, if you're allowed to take it.

exactly. financially it would have to be at least 120 + stuff but at that wage your ass is not yours. it would be a 7 day week directors puppet blood pressure explosion political scapegoat dancing nightmare.

not for all the money etc.

Comment

For all the 'real' contractors out there (you know who you are) where is the 'This is loose change' option?

I don't think I could do permie any more
                  +50 Xeno Geek Points
                  Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                  As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post
                    Taking London salaries for a fair comparison
                    Bugger. I voted before I saw that. I was thinking of a cushy little commute to MK or Aylesbury...

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                      sounds like some dickhead has done a quick excel of the Mean which is the least accurate average for skewed data

For Example say you survey 6 people who live in an area, 5 are fairly similar but 1 earns around 10 times more than the others and lives in the big house at the end of the road

eg 50 40 35 40 45 400= mean income 101k

35,40,40,45,50,400= median=circa 43k

the median is much lower but more indicative of 'local' incomes
                      The Mode is more accurate too

eg 12, 12, 40, 45, 50, 400 = mode = 12K. How do Londoners survive on that?

Comment

Working...
                      X