• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Backdoor to Facebook

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cooperinliverp00l View Post
    There is a mobile site.....OMG....... will need to check this out and top up my facebook addiction
    Oh Dear!™
    The vegetarian option.

Comment

Isn't arsebook the back door to facebook?
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Cooperinliverp00l View Post
        There is a mobile site.....OMG....... will need to check this out and top up my facebook addiction
        Yeah you can update your status and it will show up as having a little phone next to it on your page so people know that you're facebooking on the move - l33t!
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Ravello View Post
          this site http://www.the-cloak.com will allow you to 'get round' your net restrictions by acting as a proxy. If you want to use sites that require you to login (like facebook) you will need to pay a small subscription.

HTH
          Did anyone ever find a way round this (that didn't involve paying)?

The little buggers at York have only gone and blocked it!!
          The pope is a tard.

Comment

http://covermyass.info/ - Work Safe....

Free Proxy.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
              Did anyone ever find a way round this (that didn't involve paying)?

The little buggers at York have only gone and blocked it!!
              I run logmein on my home PC which is on, and then remotely connect to it. Slow, though, but the client network is really bad.

Annoying thing here is now telling me I can't get in without a proxy password - but it doesn't ask me to enter one!!! I know what it is, but can't enter it. And it worked yesterday.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
                http://covermyass.info/ - Work Safe....

Free Proxy.
                You star! Cheers bud!
                Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
                  Anyone know one, to get around the 'net restrictions in the office.
                  I'm starting to understand how Malvolio feels when he gets asked about IR35 et al.

There is a reason the client is running a web filter / restricting net access. Deliberatly circumventing it will get your contract terminated.

If they have done it properly then trying to use an external proxy will not work anyway. If it does and they are monitoring internet usage, and I would be, then high traffic to a single unknown or non-obvious IP will raise suspicion as well.

If you really need to get at facebook that badly get a web enabled PDA or similar and use that.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                    If you really need to get at facebook that badly get a web enabled PDA or similar and use that.
                    I have a medical problem. It's not my fault, I just have an addictive personality (and no work)
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                      I have a medical problem. It's not my fault, I just have an addictive personality (and no work)
                      Also, it's only time blocked here - 8am to 6pm blocked.

Still no access to poker or games outside that time though.

And since I'm already on notice, maybe it's not that much of a risk.
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Working...
                      X