• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What does your significant other do?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She is married to somebody who is long dead.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
      Thanks for the spelling correction, I never understand why people seem to need to do that here.

Greg, take a pill, it was a j-o-k-e...
      I woz havin a larf. Fret not.

Comment

Trainee Quantity Surveyor...Chartered in 2 Years then that's it...off to NZ. (hopefully with me :-)
        Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          I woz havin a larf. Fret not.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

My wife runs her own business, which is part of our Ltd - while she is building it up, we can absorb her losses against my profits.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

I note there's no

'sits on her fat arse stuffing her face with chocolate watching mind-numbing television' option. I have therefore declined from voting in this particular poll.
              Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by Dundeegeorge View Post
                'sits on her fat arse stuffing her face with chocolate watching mind-numbing television' option. I have therefore declined from voting in this particular poll.
                <sigh> your other half got my dream job, I wouldn't mind stuffing my face with chocolate watching mind-numbing television' programmes ... not sure about fat arse, but what the fek, fat arse it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Dundeegeorge View Post
                  'sits on her fat arse stuffing her face with chocolate watching mind-numbing television' option.

Does she work from home too then ?
                  It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                    My wife runs her own business, which is part of our Ltd - while she is building it up, we can absorb her losses against my profits.
                    I think that strictly speaking you are not allowed to do that. (But you'll probably get away with it.) A cost of your wife's business is not tax-deductible against your contracting income because that expenditure did not in any way help you to make the contracting profits on which you are calculating tax.

Comment

Originally posted by IR35 Avoider View Post
                      I think that strictly speaking you are not allowed to do that. (But you'll probably get away with it.) A cost of your wife's business is not tax-deductible against your contracting income because that expenditure did not in any way help you to make the contracting profits on which you are calculating tax.
                      My accountant has no issue with it - plenty of companies do it when they are starting up, e.g. Virgin group when starting new endeavours. It's the same company, doing more than one thing - same as any conglomerate.
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Working...
                      X