• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Song Remains the Same...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost
    What was that on then?

Solo?

Acoustic?
    It was this http://www.amazon.com/David-Gilmour-.../dp/B000OYC7A8 so if you bought the DVD I saw it for nowt!
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

I saw Robert Plant do an acoustic set at glasto a few years ago, I have to say it was outstanding
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
        I saw Robert Plant do an acoustic set at glasto a few years ago, I have to say it was outstanding
        pussycat !

Comment

Saw Robert Plant back in 1982 and he was brilliant then.

Keep wanting to see him in his current incarnation but he has been touring Europe during the last year with only a couple of visits to a the UK.

Comment

Harvey Goldsmiths web server seems to have been taken by surprise by the news and has gone off in a hough.

As has the O2 arenas'
            Last edited by The Lone Gunman; 12 September 2007, 15:20.
            I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
            Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

125 quid...

Still I suppose it was never going to be cheap...
              Do what thou wilt

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                Ah.

So it was an advert for Gilmour's latest offering... having played Islands exactly once, maybe I won't bother.
                The set wasn't just for "Islands". A couple of the early songs were from that album but the vast majority of the set was old Floyd tunes.

I saw the concert at the cinema and the DVD also contains scenes from his concert in Vienna and Gdansk.
                It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                  Well John Bonham is dead. So the only difference between this and Plant and Page doing Unledded a few years back is the different bass player. Bloody marketing.
                  When Plant and Paige were recording together they didn't have John Paul Jones on Bass, it looks like they have managed to convince him to come back on stage again. With Jason Bonham on Drums it's about as close as you are going to get to the original line up of almost 30 yrs ago. Paige and Plant Unledded was good, but it wasn't Led Zepplin, this has a chance to be just that.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Do you think Jason would try to do Moby Dick?

Comment

Managed to get my name in the lottery, which is Step One I suppose. Now just hoping that no one else gets in to the site.

Comment

Working...
                      X