• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Song Remains the Same...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    I've got Led Zeppelin album on my ipod, the first track went on for about ten minutes and sounded like they were just warming up... I don't get it?
    In that case, I suggest you NEVER listen to a Grateful Dead live concert. The drummer timed his solos with a calendar!

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeHopper View Post
      You confused Purple with Zeppelin? God, what is the world coming too?
      Purple, Zeppelin, Floyd... all bands on my 'must listen to some time' list, I did catch a Dave Gilmore concert on TV the other night and I was most impressed.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Purple, Zeppelin, Floyd... all bands on my 'must listen to some time' list, I did catch a Dave Gilmore concert on TV the other night and I was most impressed.
        Frank Zappa's guitar playing makes Gilmore look like a tone-deaf busker.

Comment

I've been impressed with Floyd ever since my fiance introduced me to them almost 5 years ago now. I don't think that we've missed a single event involving a member of the band since then!

He's got ALL the albums and what he doesn't know about them can be engraved on the head of a pin.
          Is that geekness taken to extremes or what?
          It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Oh dear, I am so old...

Comment

I'd love to see Plant & Page in whatever incarnation. However i suspect the tickets will be about five hundred million pounds.

Comment

Originally posted by DBA_bloke View Post
                Frank Zappa's guitar playing makes Gilmore look like a tone-deaf busker.
                What does a tone-deaf busker look like?

Comment

Just had another listen and I was wrong, it was Deep Purple I was thinking of I knew it was one of those old codger bands that I keep meaning to have a listen to!
                  DP used to do a thing called "Wring that Neck" (had another name too), which was about 2 minutes of instrumental followed by about half an hour of improvisation. I have a CD with that on one one of the concerts, and it is literally 32 minutes long with just the band. Ian Gillan (singer) comes on says "welcome" etc., then buggers off for half an hour.

The famous story was that whilst playing in Malvern there was a piano on the stage with a cover over it. So Gillan and his groupy friend had half an hour of naughtiness on stage whilst the rest of the band was playing. I've got his auto-biography, and he does confirm this is all true.
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    What was that on then?

Solo?

Acoustic?
                    You are Saxondale, and I claim a free pest control consultation.

Comment

He did a bit of 'Island'

and a couple of Floyd tracks, had David Bowie on to sing Arnold Layne and had Graham Nash and David Crosby on backing vocals. I think it's on the net somewhere, BBC radio 2 website or some such.
                      Why not?

Comment

Working...
                      X