• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Kate McCann

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snaw View Post
    I'm sorry, but that comment is just fecking wrong - they're trying to keep the press attention with the hope it helps them get their little girl back. A media whore craves attention to satisfy their own ego and from vanity. The McAnns to help get their daughter back. There is a world of difference SP, though just by making that kind of comment I doubt an insensitive ***** like yourself would ever understand that.

If they're convicted then pillory them, not before.
    I'm agree they have used the press very well to keep the focus on the little girl, but eventually it will turn, and lasdt week the father asked for the press to stop with all the publicity... was that because the heat was coming on them ? Were they feeling the pressure ?
    The helped to create the media circus and they didn't like it when the boot was on the other foot.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      Well, why bother with a trial if she's been questioned for 11 hours and is therefore guilty? I reckon I might be able to think of people who hae been questioned at length who haven't been guilty.
      If she really was just a witness do you think they may have stopped the questioning and started the next day. I cant think of many reasons they would continue past midnight under normal "your just a witness" conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
        The helped to create the media circus and they didn't like it when the boot was on the other foot.
        You said what I was trying to say just better.

Its like Posh and Becks that phone the tabloids to tell them where they are going to be shopping but get miffed at snappers outside their house all day.

Gotta take the rough with the smooth.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
          If she really was just a witness do you think they may have stopped the questioning and started the next day. I cant think of many reasons they would continue past midnight under normal "your just a witness" conditions.
          I agree that she's more than a witness. She's a suspect and assuming some competence in the local police, there is some evidence against her. But there's a distinction between being a suspect and being guilty, and your last post missed that distinction.

Comment

Supportive of other peoples views I see.
            Well, let's just say they're innocent for now until proven otherwise, and look at your comment. You're daughter has just been abducted, quite possibly dead, quite possibly a horrible death. You're doing all you can to keep the case in the spotlight in the forlorn hope of getting her back.

Or there is the SP view, your daughter has just been kidnapped but look on the bright side - you're famous, everyone knows who you are and all these paps are interested in your every move, plus you get to meet the pope. Result.

Everyone is entitled to their view SP, but when they're as obnoxious as your's expect to get slammed for airing them.
            Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

assuming some competence in the local police, .
              That may be assuming a bit too much!!!!!
              "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

I agree that she's more than a witness. She's a suspect and assuming some competence in the local police, there is some evidence against her. But there's a distinction between being a suspect and being guilty, and your last post missed that distinction.
                OK, good point. I think there is more to her than just a suspect but that is a personal view etc.

Comment

OK, good point. I think there is more to her than just a suspect but that is a personal view etc.
                  More than a suspect? That's what the trial process is for.

Comment

Since the beginning, having a nasty suspicous mind, I've wondered whether the parents were covering up some negligence on their part. I understand that the vast majority of child murders are committed by close relatives. So, the probability is that one of other of the parents did it. Of course, that doesn't mean they did do it.

Unless the body gets found, I imagine it would be pretty difficult to establish the truth.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Again. You don't think they did it. I do.

I think there is a difference between keeping your daughter in the media spot light and flying off to visit people like the pope.
                      No - that's not what I said, at all. Indeed, I have always believed that no-one should have been ruled out early in the investigation (the police said that they had "never" been a suspect, which is plain wrong).

However, assuming innocent until proven guilty, then what the family did was try to keep a high public profile of their daughter, not themselves. This is crucial in trying to find someone who has been abducted - you need to keep it in the public eye. It is also crucial in distinguishing between someone trying to raise the profile of a missing loved one, and being a media whore.

Originally posted by FiveTimes
                      asdt week the father asked for the press to stop with all the publicity
                      Not quite - what he asked for was an end to unhelpful, speculative journalism. Headlines (and indeed forum topics) entitled "Madeleine Dead" or "Madeleine Found" are morally and factually wrong - it must be heartbreaking for those close to the family that read "Madeleine Dead" headlines before finding on page 5 of the Express that "Jose Nobody, a volunteer helper with the street cleaners of Portugal, admitted today that he thought that Madeleine was dead".
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014
                      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                      X