• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh Dear now I have to train and nice cheap eastern european how to do my job

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You might want to ask yourself why you are worried about spite, are you spiteful? Or are you one of the people coming here to get paid less and benefit from other's years of training and hard work?

I can see why I might have thought you were just bitter and twisted....

If you want to throw your toys put of the pram and make her life more difficult than it needs to be, just to make yourself feel better about how valuable you are... go for it. I hope someone does the same to you one day soon.

The more you respond.. the more I get a feeling that you are actually scared that she will be able to do your job if you give her a 1 week handover. And that would put your skillset on a par with a £100 temp.

Comment

They idea is to mitigate the chances of you being blamed. If the manager is under the impression that you've done a good handover, there is a possibility that the handovee will get the blame. Especially if you've already got a good rep.
      Agree to disagree then, no way that has ever happened in my experience.

And go away Milan, the adults are talking.

Comment

yes I can see that from this thread,

but, no problem Chief,

you know best obviously

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
          yes I can see that from this thread,

but, no problem Chief,

you know best obviously

Milan.
          Off you go Milan. Try not to generate too much black smoke, as you accelerate from 0 to 60 in half an hour ....
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

less of it

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post

I can see why I might have thought you were just bitter and twisted....

If you want to throw your toys put of the pram and make her life more difficult than it needs to be, just to make yourself feel better about how valuable you are... go for it. I hope someone does the same to you one day soon.

The more you respond.. the more I get a feeling that you are actually scared that she will be able to do your job if you give her a 1 week handover. And that would put your skillset on a par with a £100 temp.

That's right tay, you know me, obviously.
              Spiteful tay.

Comment

I think there should be something in the Human Rights Act preventing workers from being made to train up their replacements.

The Act covers just about everything else that might make me cry.

Comment

You could always try all the newbie jokes on them...in the glass hammer styleee....

I'm sure there must be some that apply to the PSO....???? Tell them they have to make every risk a high priority at first??? Suggestions anyone??

Comment

Lucy,

Genuininely sorry to hear about your situation. I cannot imagine how disheartening it must be to train a successor, brought in only because they are cheaper.

I suppose that, in a nutshell, is how things are going these days, right across the board.

No doubt there will be some (DA I suspect) who will say "Globalisation is good, blah blah blah, we are all winners."

I fail to see where you directly win in this situation, if that is their argument.

Of course, applying their "Globalisation is Good" manta, will naturally mean they are more than happy that Eastern European and African Doctors are being lined up to work in supermarket drop in centres. (Wages to kept at a minimum)....these are going to be very inexperienced Doctors.

Still...it's cheap innit ?

Next time you are under the Surgeon's knife, do you want someone with years of experience and top-notch qualifications doing the job, or some el-cheapo 1st year out of Med School trainee ?
                    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
                      All non-techies have that fear in my experience. That is why they have such useless things as PRINCE2 and ITIL in order to claim that there is some skill involved.
                      Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Working...
                      X