• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Whites a minority by 2027

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
    By chatting with my collegues at the office. Each one goes on and on about how Canada and Australia are still under british control - just because the queen is still their respective head of state.

And then there's the hilarity of how easy it is to emigrate to these places because "I'm British, They should automatically let me in". Its scary that people still think like that. But they do.

One can only think they are living in the past.
    where do you work? In 22 years in IT I only ever worked with 1 person like that.

That person was in a train crash and lost both legs - most people were pleased.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      Anyone read "Londonistan" by Melanie Phillips?
      nope - what did it say?

Comment

It's about the way the British Government have been asleep at the wheel, while the enemy within are growing stronger by the day...
        who are the enemy within? Is it anyone who works for a hedge fund?

Comment

Anyone read "Londonistan" by Melanie Phillips?
          Is she related to Trevor?
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Take Blackburn for instance. The most segregated town in the UK. Asians are roughly 20% of the population - and live strictly on the north and east of the town. The only place where white and asians can be seen together is in he town centre - where they don't speak to each other. This is the future?

The attitude in the US and Canada is different. the South asian communities are well integrated and respected and educated. But then neither of those countries had a empire and consider themselves to be superior. Sadly the English still believe the empire can be resurrected - in my opinion.
            IMHO you are wrong. It is the existance of an empire that has assisted in bringing ethnic minorities to the UK. What you are alluding to is the somewhat discredited concept of Multiculturism. The idea that different ethnic groups have their own area and do not mix. This is the opposite of the other idea that we absorb aspects and languages of various cultures. (The concept of democracy can be traced to Anglo-Saxon and parts of our language are latin (Romans) French (Normans) etc.

Comment

The attitude in the US and Canada is different. the South asian communities are well integrated and respected and educated. But then neither of those countries had a empire and consider themselves to be superior. Sadly the English still believe the empire can be resurrected - in my opinion.
              Would that be the same well integrated South Asian communities that were planning to blow up the Canadian Parliment in 2006?
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

It's about the way the British Government have been asleep at the wheel, while the enemy within are growing stronger by the day...
                I always thought Melanie Phillips was the enemy within.

Comment

I thought the enemy within were the British Government, aka New Labour (looking decidely Old Labour more and more).

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    I thought the enemy within were the British Government, aka New Labour (looking decidely Old Labour more and more).
                    Exactly - we don't need terrorists to destroy this country when the government is hellbent on achieving the same, on a much wider scale.

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
                      Exactly - we don't need terrorists to destroy this country when the government is hellbent on achieving the same, on a much wider scale.
                      I think the British government is busy enough terrorising Iraq and Afghanistan.

Comment

Working...
                      X