• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mortgage approvals strong in July

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ~Craig~ View Post
    do people think that a >£200k mortgage is way above the norm?
    No. There's millions of poor saps borrowing >£150K.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      Note the word "July" this is significant.

The key date is 10th August.

That is the date when a major US bank announced bankruptcy, and banking stocks plunged about 10-15% and the Federal reserve, the bank of Japan and ECB pullled the emergency cord.

Of course this may have no effect on the UK housing market, because the UK is different.
      do you mean a bank announced bankruptcy or some of its funds announced bankruptcy.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
        No. There's millions of poor saps borrowing >£150K.
        +- £285 000 to go

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
          +- £285 000 to go
          Does that mean you're into the man for 435 big ones? (as they say in Noo Yoik)

Comment

If you expect to be able to pay it off in less than 10 years from now, it's not a big deal. Anyway, these days you have to spend around that amount anyway to have a chance of escaping the scrotes.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
              Does that mean you're into the man for 435 big ones? (as they say in Noo Yoik)
              Almost

Comment

Almost
                Ouch! I wouldn't be able to sleep nights. Does your partner also work?
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by chicane View Post
                  If you expect to be able to pay it off in less than 10 years from now, it's not a big deal. Anyway, these days you have to spend around that amount anyway to have a chance of escaping the scrotes.
                  Well i'm only 25 anyway so I have a fair while to pay it off. I would try and plough any extra funds into paying it off earlier though.

Comment

Almost
                    I'm impressed. Good money being an Oracle slave then I assume.

Or is it BTL and all that malarky?

Comment

I'm looking to move from my first place to a 3 bed house and it's quite a sizeable jump.
                      Don't do it Craig, wait. A year ago the US didn't have a housing bubble, now its official.

Houses ain't going to rise from now on and I think you may see a sizeable drop in house prices.

A lot of house owners will be moving onto more expensive mortgages over the next few months, coupled with the tightening of credit, this will probably put pressure on house prices.
                      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X