• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dodgy is moonlighting as a journo

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or maybe the explanation is even simpler. The post-industrial culture is reverting back to being like pre-industrial culture. Large cities in the 15th and 16th centuries were even more anarchic and violent than they now seem to be becoming.
    Perhaps industrialisation was just a temporary lull in the natural state, where the lowest part of society was given some stake in society for a short period of time.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
      The Breakdown of the family unit is at the core of this IMHO. In the late 70s 80s women began to forge their own careers, they realised as they became more financially independant, that they didn't have to stay with someone they no longer loved (as was common in previous generations). Divorce rates doubled in a couple of decades and children were the casualties. Even in dual income famalies the latch-key generation brought themselves up, dragged in some cases. Communities of neighbours became clusters of individuals. No parental guidance, no community guidance, therein lies the problem. In pursuit of wealth and happiness we have created a monster.
      I kind of agree with you BP, but I don't know what the alternative is, I know women shouldn't stay with men they don't love, or who are violent toward them.

Some friends of mine put their children in fulltime daycare from a very early age, six months or so, meanwhile they both worked long hours and paid off their mortgage in record time, the children now 9 & 11 are showing what I believe are behavioural problems. The elder child, a boy, was bed wetting until very recently and the girl hits her mother and demands food. Poor parenting I suppose, but I can't help thinking children abandoned at such a young age do miss out on something.

People just seem to want everything these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
        I kind of agree with you BP, but I don't know what the alternative is, I know women shouldn't stay with men they don't love, or who are violent toward them.

Some friends of mine put their children in fulltime daycare from a very early age, six months or so, meanwhile they both worked long hours and paid off their mortgage in record time, the children now 9 & 11 are showing what I believe are behavioural problems. The elder child, a boy, was bed wetting until very recently and the girl hits her mother and demands food. Poor parenting I suppose, but I can't help thinking children abandoned at such a young age do miss out on something.

People just seem to want everything these days.
        You can't blame the women, however stable loving two parent families seem to yield better members of society than lone parents, kids need a father for discipline, a succession of 'uncles' is no substitute.
        People need to look at why they want kids in the first place, and how well positioned they are to have them, it's one of the greatest responsibilities but requires the smallest amount of thought.
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

You can't blame the women, however stable loving two parent families seem to yield better members of society than lone parents, kids need a father for discipline, a succession of 'uncles' is no substitute.
          People need to look at why they want kids in the first place, and how well positioned they are to have them, it's one of the greatest responsibilities but requires the smallest amount of thought.
          Yes, I agree. I've often thought people should need some kind of licence to have children...

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
            Yes, I agree. I've often thought people should need some kind of licence to have children...
            They do. It's called a Marriage Certificate.

Comment

The yobs and underclass are not the products of working families where the mothers go to work. The underclass is the product of the state. The underclass are people with nothing and therefore nothing to lose. So saying that the breakdown of society has been caused by women going to work is wrong.
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I went to Hong Kong recently and you never get any yobs there.

In fact the SCMP had a quarter page on an election poster being ripped. These days a child murder does not warrant that in the UK - unless the parents are media manipulators.

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricChair View Post
                  I went to Hong Kong recently and you never get any yobs there.

In fact the SCMP had a quarter page on an election poster being ripped. These days a child murder does not warrant that in the UK - unless the parents are media manipulators.
                  Please be aware that not being seen to support "Team McCann" will lead to your house being burnt to the ground while you sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                    The yobs and underclass are not the products of working families where the mothers go to work. The underclass is the product of the state. The underclass are people with nothing and therefore nothing to lose. So saying that the breakdown of society has been caused by women going to work is wrong.
                    Here we go again, it's the state and nothing else, nobody else is to blame?
                    The latch-key generation are the yobs, they are the ones with ADHD, behavioural disorders and childhood depression. The underclass are just a subsection of what is happening in wider society.

So yes, things started to go downhill when kids were left to bring themselves up, left by the middle classes, the working classes, and then by the underclass. Society abandoned it's youth.
                    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

So yes, things started to go downhill when kids were left to bring themselves up, left by the middle classes, the working classes, and then by the underclass. Society abandoned it's youth.
                      its (no apostrophe). Glad to help; no thanks necessary.

Comment

Working...
                      X