• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Verbal acceptance of job offer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    My rates range from about £325 to £700 per day. Is nuts the Oracle Apps world.
    You'd get out of bed for £700 a day?

Seriously, though, I can't say I blame you. Life is too short.

Look at it this way. If you honoured the original and after three months were hit by a bus, what good would your reputation be then?

OK. Bad example because the bus would come off worse, but you know what I mean

Comment

SA congrats, can I ask how you got out of the contract you have accepted previously? Did you just tell them the truth?

btw: where is DA, he normally comes out and gives everyone a looong lecture on how we contractors are scum of the earth money grapping, and quotes so many stories of how contractors let him down etc etc

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
        OK. Bad example because the bus would come off worse, but you know what I mean

Gonz - are you on facebook. I think i spot you, but I'm not sure (i was very drunk that night)
        The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by zamzummim View Post
          SA congrats, can I ask how you got out of the contract you have accepted previously? Did you just tell them the truth?

btw: where is DA, he normally comes out and gives everyone a looong lecture on how we contractors are scum of the earth money grapping, and quotes so many stories of how contractors let him down etc etc
          Yeah I was just honest - told them another offer had came through.

To be fair, the agency had been winding me up for the best part of a fortnight, and had p*ssed around with the contract too (only got to look at it today!)
          The pope is a tard.

Comment

I hate all you bastards who earn that sort of dosh. Oh no hang on, I'm retired, he he, I sneer at all you bastards who still have to work for a living.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              I hate all you bastards who earn that sort of dosh. Oh no hang on, I'm retired, he he, I sneer at all you bastards who still have to work for a living.

We all aspire to be you Xog
              The pope is a tard.

Comment

Gonz - are you on facebook. I think i spot you, but I'm not sure (i was very drunk that night)
                Spot me where? On the CUK Slackers section? I am only sort of on facebook because I don't use it, so my picture isn't. And I am not in the CUK Slackers group.

PM me with who you think I look like and I will take a look.

Comment

My rates range from about £325 to £700 per day. Is nuts the Oracle Apps world.
                  Shame on you - stealing two jobs from those of us looking for just one!

I'd have done it for £698 a day!
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                  X