• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hurricane Dean - The Truth

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hurricane Dean is making landfall right now - latest Aircraft recon sampled the eye just prior to landfall at a pressure of 906mb and surface winds 0f 170mph.

To put it bluntly - we are looking at 50 mile wide EF3/EF4 tornado that is only moving forward at 20 MPH - that means that the impact area will be under this wind for at least two hours.. to give you an idea, cars parked in a car park will be blown away like ash from an ashtray.
    www.stormtrack.co.uk - My Stormchasing website.

Comment

Originally posted by wxman View Post
      Hurricane Dean is making landfall right now - latest Aircraft recon sampled the eye just prior to landfall at a pressure of 906mb and surface winds 0f 170mph.

To put it bluntly - we are looking at 50 mile wide EF3/EF4 tornado that is only moving forward at 20 MPH - that means that the impact area will be under this wind for at least two hours.. to give you an idea, cars parked in a car park will be blown away like ash from an ashtray.
      You could be a journo.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        He's been on the telly...
        Crimewatch?

Comment

I was there for the landfall of Isabel, Ivan, Wilma and Rita - so I do have some experance of these types of storm - I was actually going to go after Dean - but ALL the weather forecasting models were showing CAT5 at landfall and this is simply too dangerous - so I went to Prague instead for the weekend

I an not a jurno.. but I do work for a number of media outlets in TV and Radio which is kind of my plan B.
          www.stormtrack.co.uk - My Stormchasing website.

Comment

Originally posted by wxman View Post
            I was there for the landfall of Isabel, Ivan, Wilma and Rita - so I do have some experance of these types of storm - I was actually going to go after Dean - but ALL the weather forecasting models were showing CAT5 at landfall and this is simply too danagerous - so I went to Prague instead for the weekend

I an not a jurno.. but I do work for a number of media outlets in TV and Radio which is kind of my plan B.
            I went to Prague 2 years ago; I'd risk Dean any day.

Comment

The first direct effects have already begun in recent years. For anyone who wishes neither to see nor to hear this, and who does not perceive how ridiculous it is still to maintain that all the extraordinary things which have already happened are of everyday occurrence, there is naturally no help.

Comment

You don't have to shout!
                Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Speak up, I can't hear you at the back!
                  First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by Nicky G View Post
                    The first direct effects have already begun in recent years. For anyone who wishes neither to see nor to hear this, and who does not perceive how ridiculous it is still to maintain that all the extraordinary things which have already happened are of everyday occurrence, there is naturally no help.
                    So you paste your tripe on here then don't respond to the questions post to it - my god you are Chico/CD*

Comment

Is this thing on? (tap tap)

Comment

Working...
                      X